Friday, June 29, 2007

Okay you guys.....I *really* really miss my son! : (


So, we all dropped off our kids at the school at 2:30 pm. All mother's were smiling but I could just sense the nervousness in the air. Mine included, ha ha ha. Branden ran into his classroom, started speaking to his friends in Japanese right away and he didn't even look back. Didn't say "good bye mommy" or anything. I, for surely thought he'd at least look back and wave or something. Nope, he was playing and chatting in the class. A bit sad that he clearly wasn't going to miss me all that much. But also at the same time, happy he was handling things clearly better then I was, ha ha ha. It was no big deal really, we would see him off at the ward office. So at 2:50 pm all us mom's and a few dad's and one grandma and grandpa all showed up and waited at the ward office. The big limosouine bus was already there waiting to drive the kids to where they were going. All us parents waited to see our kids. Our kids were walking from the yochien to the ward office hand in hand down the street. The walk was a short one, but we all waited in anticipation. I had planned to take a few quick pics of Branden. Not hundreds, just a few. I assumed all the other moms were probably going to do the same. However, 2 mom's had asked me, if I had my camera with me. I said yes. And they said they all forgot their cameras. Oh man, what are the odds. Ha ha ha. They all asked me, if I could take as many pics as best as I could. I said sure. I'd do my best, I am by no means a professional or anything of course. But totally sure, I would help if I could. So, with camera in hand, I did my best clicking as many pictures as I could. Suddenly we saw all the kids filing in 2 by 2. Each set holding hands for safety. It might seem like it took a while, but honestly they walked down that short sidewalk and got onto the bus in a matter of about 2 minutes. It was over before we all knew it!
There's Branden, the last row is a row of girls and the row in front of the last row of girls is of Taito-kun and Branden. They are buddies and also swim together, his dad is the local policeman. Remember his mom is an identical twin and they came to my Easter party thing, very nice family. Genki-kun is the guy up front with the orange packpack straps in front and he's holding the little girls hand with the Marie backpack.

The kids were all being silly and funny as they walked.
All the parents, and even grandparents all waved. I waved and B was actually waving at Noboru and Noah when I snapped this pic.

It seems they just breezed past us. In a matter of seconds, they were already getting in line and boarding the bus. You can see Branden, by the yellow school bus backpack on his back. A new uniform was given this year for PE/gym. It's yellow and there's pics of in this blog somewhere. However only about 1/4 of the students wear the new uniform. B has the new one and also the old uniform too. I purposely made him wear the old uniform today. Because he would be better easily identified as being a part of this group since they are all wearing the same exact thing. Sorta just put my mind at ease a bit better. Ha ha ha. Nervous mom here.

I was smiling on the outside but I was feeling sorta sad on the inside. Branden on the other hand was just thrilled, excited and happy about going.

These kids did wonderfully! Each and everyone of them! They were real stars! Not one of these kids cried. Everyone was happy or at least handling it! They truly did...gambatte!!! I was very proud of these kids! Not just my own son, but all of them! Before I knew it, Branden got onto the bus. I couldn't tell which side of the bus he was on. What side should I stand on? Oh heavens! ha ha ha! Ahhh, not to worry, I see him. I stood on his side of the bus and snapped a few pics.



There he is.


I call this pic, the "let me outta here pose" Ha ha ha. Just kidding. He wasn't wanting out of the bus or anything. He just put his hands like that though. It seemed like mere seconds and again before you knew it, the bus took off. We waved. I waved and I waved and I waved once more. Until I was all waved out! We all waved until we could no longer see the bus.



Immediately after the bus left. This mass hysterical laughter hit us all. No, we hadn't suddenly all gone berserk or bonkers. I think it was nervous laughter. Someone said, "I can't believe they are gone" and laughed/nervous chuckle. That nervous sad left. Then someone else said "is everyone okay? Is anyone crying?" Yes, there were 2 mom's crying actually. They cried and laughed at the same time....tears coming out their eyes and chuckling at the same time. They were being so strong. Then we all laughed. Were we all laughing to stop the rest of us from crying? I honestly think, we could have! A few more said "I can't believe they managed to get their kids on the bus" and chuckled some more. I think we were all just a bit sad, but we all really didn't want to show it. I think, I was the first parent to leave. I had a hair appointment in a few minutes. And although it was only about 2 minutes from where we were, I had to leave. I also was feeling a bit sad. Sad my child just drove away. It certainly did sting a little bit, when he left, I won't lie. Sorta gave me that...knocking the air out of me feeling. : (

Poor Noah, he was trying to make sense out of all this stuff. All the big kids just drove off in a bus with their PJ's? He was probably thinking...what the heck? And what happened with his brother, he is probably wondering that too. I did tell him Branden will be back tomorrow though.

I went to the salon. I am *so* glad I went. Because it kept my mind off B for a while. I read my National Enquirer and Parents magazine in the salon. They brought me some iced tea. And I sat there for about 3 long hours. Gosh was it boring being there for that long. But oh well, it's done and now I don't have to have frizzy or poofy (sp?) hair for the summer or the next 5 months at least. So, I'm happy. It's so straight and sleek. Like straight as a freakin' pin type straight.


After the salon, we went to the Tsutaya. I didn't get anything. What I wanted was out, so I'll check back maybe tomorrow again. However we went and got a large pizza. Peperoni and mushroom. By now it was lightly sprinkling/raining. We came home and ate pizza. And then Noboru slept for a few hour and then he left to work. Meanwhile Noah and I stayed downstairs watching TV. At about this point, I really start missing my first born son here. It's absolutely boring without him. The house is so quiet without his laughter and constant chatter. All his funny stories. Weirdly quiet, I hate it being this quiet. And also there were pizza slices leftover. Those were the slices that usually Branden would have eaten. I realized how much I miss him. I didn't want to be one of those heartsick mothers, who missed my child all night long during one of these things. But, I think that's how it's ending up. Because honestly you guys, I am absolutely heart sick without my son. I'm plain ol' besides myself. I've heard the saying a million times that people feel "a piece of them is missing". Honestly, yes I really do feel a piece of me is missing right now. I feel a big gaping hole in my stomach is either missing or turned inside out. It's nearly midnight and I am absolutely miserable. Sigh! I'm hopeless. Ha ha ha. But I will always be honest here, whether it makes me look like a dork or not. I'm just really hurting right now, I'm really sad, I'm besides myself. In a nutshell, I just want my son back! I can barely wait until tomorrow at 10:30 am when we are supposed to pick them up. I swear I will be there at 10:00 am! Ha ha ha!
Noboru on the other hand is fine. He says, I should not be sad at all. That B is not dead. He is clearly having fun. Yada yada yada. Geeze, I know all that. Ha ha ha. Logically, I can see, yes he is fine and well. But it doesn't stop a mom from feeling this aching gut wrenching missing my son type feeling. Clearly there's a difference in the way women and men feel. He's such a man sometimes! Blech! : )
Oh well, I hope I didn't type all this out and it ends up not making any sense at all. I'm just typing down feelings as they come. Sigh. I just miss my kiddo basically.
Anyway, I am going to fix myself a caramel machiatto right now. Lay on the couch flip through some channels and then I will try my best to get a good nights sleep. Good night everyone. : )