Yup, Noboru bought himself a new lawn mower. We all know he is a bit nutty when it comes to his lawn and his Christmas decos, ha ha ha! God love him, he is a wonderful man though! But those are his hobbies and interests, and I let him, have at it! Heck, he doesn't mess with my hobbies! Ha ha ha. So anyway, he bought this lawn mower. It's originally from America he says, but he bought it here in Japan. So today before the BBQ, he mowed the backyard. Backyard is full of weeds mostly as of right now, but we will be making small upgrades in the backyard after the rainy season is over. So before we all went out back, he mowed quite happily I might add.
All English. I was expecting to see at least a little bit of Japanese instruction someplace next to it or on it, but nothing in Japanese on here at all. I found that a bit interesting/weird. Hey where did my husband buy this again? LOL!
We are not doing anything spectacular this weekend, you guys. Just staying home. It rained a teeny tiny bit yesterday, which was Friday but not so much. Today was gorgeous and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. Hot, but with a nice breeze every now and again. Not the full blown summer type heat today, thank goodness. Ha ha ha. With the busy rearranging and dumping stuff all week long, I was really looking forward to an absolutely lazy "do absolutely nothing" type weekend! I need this as much as the kids and hubby do, I think! Ha ha ha! We have had some ribs in the freezer since last week, that have been just begging to be grilled and cooked up, ha ha ha. So today was the day. Sorry ribs! So with Noboru getting the grill hot and ready with the charcoal and stuff! The boys played outside. Here, was Noah swinging away in the swing. I pushed him off and on through the afternoon. I mostly just lazed under the big evergreen colored umbrella and picnic bench on the patio after I got the food all prepped and ready to go!
Ribs went on first since they take the longest. And then just so on. Meanwhile Noboru and I sat on the patio and we watched the kids playing.
Seven cheeseburgers total. All with real cheddar. But one had mozzarella that was for me, ha ha ha. And one cheeseburger, we ran out of the real cheddar, so it had to be, half real cheddar and half Kraft slices type cheese. Ha ha ha. Oh well, this is truly a regular dinner type BBQ. Not expecting any company, it was just us. So it didn't really matter if one of our cheeseburgers was mixed cheese. Plus the whole slab of ribs and yum, we have enough for dinner, plus leftovers for midnight snackin' or for lunch tomorrow. Ha ha ha.
The boys played until the BBQ was all ready and I had plated everything up. They came in and washed their hands and we ate a pretty early supper. Do you see my favorite flower, the hydrangea growing near the shed? Ha ha ha. : )
BBQ ribs, BBQ chicken, baked beans, baked potato. A fresh simple salad. And some cherries for all of us, after dinner. A soda with ice. I usually drink water or oolong tea or straight tea, all day long but at dinner, is usually when I drink myself a soda. Perhaps not a fancy meal or anything. But it was pretty darned good for a "stay at home" type BBQ over the weekend. It was really good actually. : )
I served Branden, just a little of everything as usual. Cheeseburger and chicken and ribs, beans and potato. Just a bit of everything. : )
Noah ate it all, as well. And yikes sorry, honey, I don't know how I could capture such a horrible picture of you eating. Ha ha ha! Whoops! Gomen ne! : ) Anyway, we all cleared off the table. Noboru loaded the dishwasher. Yay! And I ran upstairs with the kids and started the bath. Good thing our bath area is big, because Noboru and Noah soaked in the tub, while Branden washed himself, soaped his body and shampooed his hair and brushed his teeth. Meanwhile I washed my hair, shaved my legs and washed my body and face, brushed my teeth. Then we switched, B and I soaked and relaxed in the tub. And Noboru and Noah washed up. He washed Noah and then washed himself. Okay I realize my family and friends in the US might be falling off their chairs right about now. Ha ha ha! It's quite normal to bathe as a family in Japan. Not really an eyebrow raiser really. It's very social and that's so nice. We actually have some of the best chats while bathing actually. Its weird, I know. Sorry family in the US. We all put on some fresh comfy clothes. And we all left and hopped in the car and drove to Tsutaya, I swear I go to Tsutaya almost every weekend with zero makeup, fresh comfy clothes and wet clean hair every weekend. I hope I don't scare anyone while there, just kidding! Ha ha ha. We rented the boys another Ultraman DVD. They have been doing fighting moves and poses in the house lately. Clearly an influence of Ultraman, ha ha ha! And we rented, Dreamgirls, with Beyonce and Eddie Murphy and Jamie Foxx. It was a good movie! But I wanted to rent the movie "Norbit" with Eddie Murphy, it was a comedy and it looked so funny. Noboru didn't like it, he said. So we skipped it, but they showed previews on the Dreamgirls DVD and it turns out the movie "Norbit" looked even funnier then we thought. Noboru admitted it looked really funny. So we will get that tomorrow when we return Dreamgirls. : )