
A very lazy Saturday planned at home. Grandma Mitsuko is coming tomorrow night! And so both my boys and Noboru were out in the backyard to play, meanwhile I started with baking 2 homemade "from scratch" apple pies. Then next thing you know. One of Branden's friends from the neighborhood came over. And then next thing you know, a few more boys came peeking through our fence and asked if they could come in the backyard and play with Branden and Ryu. And we said, of course. Next thing you know, I had about 5 or 6 little boys bikes out in the front of my house! Ha ha ha. These were bigger boys. They were all in the 3rd grade. I don't mind them playing with Branden too much. Especially since it's under our watchful eye. Because next year, when Branden starts first grade and will be walking to school with the classmates of his. (still am deciding if he should walk or if I'll drive him btw) but just in case it will pay off for Branden to have at least 5 or 6 of the bigger kids, as his friends and buddy's that way, I know they will protect him when they walk to school together. Yup, I am thinking ahead a bit on that, ha ha ha. Always pays to have friends, never hurts!

I had to take a quick pic of them all playing through the upstairs window, that way they never knew I took their pic. And I know these boys from the neighborhood and believe me, they are such hams, they'd not mind it if I woulda walked outside and said..."cheese" but I just wanted one that was unposed and sorta playing in action. I am glad that I am always friendly with people in my neighborhood and town. That way parents don't mind in the least, when their kids come over and play with my kids and hang out in the backyard. We always have kids that wanna come over and play here, and I don't mind ha ha ha! Even if I just go for walks, with the boys, I always have people coming up to us and waving and saying "hello" to us. It's sorta nice. : )

With my boys and the neighborhood boys all playing in the backyard. It gave me time to bake my pies and get dinner prepared. You all know Saturday and Sunday are my American Idol nights. So I stick close to home those nights, ha ha ha. I baked 2 apple pies, because I wanted 1 pie for us to eat for dessert on Saturday. And the other pie was for my mother in law, to eat on Sunday and us of course as well. I made 4 balls of dough. Sorry in the pic I only showed 2 balls of dough. But actually 2 pies were made by me. Thus the 2 packs of apples. : )

Alright not exactly a beauty pageant winning pie. But one heck of a delicious pie. Even Noboru told me. This pie was better then any pie he's eaten at a restaurant. I was sorta shocked he said that. And surprised because, he had 2 slices of the pie one right after another. Because he usually doesn't care for sweets too much, especially western cakes etc. So for him to have 2 slices of pie, one right after another, I knew he meant it. One of the pies, didn't even survive until Sunday morning. Yup, Branden had 2 slices. Noah hates apple pie (lol, didn't know that) and I had 2 slices. Noboru went and got a 3rd slice during American Idol as well. The apple's and stuff. Man, I put cinnamon of course, flour for thickening, brown sugar, and lemon zest etc. And when all of it was mixed, I put a few small knobs of butter over the mixture for flavor. Plus the crust was so flaky and good. Darn it, that really was a good pie. Hmmm, I think this summer I will be making more pies, ha ha ha. Hopefully they will also get better looking as time rolls on as well. : )

I had 1KG, of chicken breast. About 2 pounds or so, I think...a good amount. I cut it up and put it in a gallon freezer bag and then poured this liquid karaage seasoning on it. Let it marinate for 2 hours in the fridge. And then right before I wanted to cook it. I just used plain flour over it. No spices were needed because it marinated in this liquid already. Oh man it's so good, and so marinated. Very great tasting karaage by the way. Lot's of flavor.

This was the first amount I cooked. I ended up with massive amounts of fried chicken.

And there you have it, fried chicken and apple pie on a Saturday night. Karaage was good and rice was pretty good, heck this is Japan still. LOL. And veggies, and Noboru and Noah had miso soup as well. Then we had some apple pie. And enjoyed the rest of our night. The boys from the block left right before supper. And then after dinner and dessert. We all got soaped up and clean. Noah, ha!!! So typically Noah! He fell right to sleep after his bath. Branden zonked out onto the couch and Noboru carried him upstairs. Meanwhile, we watched American Idol and Noboru had the last slice of pie. Hmm good thing I made that second pie! And yes, I made him give me a bite, ha ha ha!