Friday, May 11, 2007

Happy Mother's day ladies! A bit early I know! : )


TGIF! Yippy! Anyway, Branden brought home these 2 Mother's day gifts that he made for me at yochien! Art work from our children, is truly priceless isn't it? These are the best presents, I could ever ask for. And what are they? Well the painting is a painting of me. Hmmm, I really don't think I look like that at all. Figures my son used half of his white crayon to make my face with, ha ha ha! Poor kid, they should give Branden an extra white crayon! LOL. And he gave me, perfect circle eyes. How hilarious. And the artwork of flowers next to the painting. I told Branden, wow honey that looks exactly like me! Ha ha ha. He was so proud after I said that. He started rambling a million miles a minute after that pointing to how he made such and such. It gave me the biggest tickle seeing how proud he was. And the other one is a vase. Now, I'm not quite sure, if my son picked blue and orange as a combo. Or if the teachers are color blind or what! Sorry! But when he showed it to me, I said. "Oh Branden I have been wanting a vase *just* like this. How ever did you guess???" (no I haven't really been needing one, but heck I'd never say that) And I added....and rhinestones on there too? Wow, now that really is special and so beautiful. (I told him) I have been ooohing and ahhing about them, ever since he came home from school today. So anyway, I just thought I'd share with you all....what I got for Mother's day! : )

Not really having to do anything with Mother's day, really. But I made a big tray of lasagna last night. We will be having the last of it tonight for supper again. So, it's nice I don't have to make dinner tonight. Noboru is working the swing shift tonight and he gets off work at midnight and won't get home until 12:30 am. So it's just going to be the boys and I tonight. And leftover lasagna, garlic bread and salad. Quiet night here. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! : )
PS, our black *mini* minivan has been sold. We had set up for 2 companies to come see our car at our home this morning. The first guy agreed to pay $6,500 US (equivalent of course) right away and we said, "deal" and phoned the second company and said, we sold it already. We also told them, we need our car still, we can't be without any car. So they are delaying to pick it up for as late as possible. So they will pick up the black car on May 21st or 22nd, I think. We should hopefully have our new car by then (knock on wood). Also, Noboru went first thing this morning to do the paperwork on our parking space. In Japan, you can't buy a car without proving you have a place to park it. Which obviously we have 2 parking spaces, so Noboru just had to run down and show them the blueprints or whatever. We should get our parking sticker for the car, by May 16th. So things are happening with regards to the minivan.