Thursday, April 19, 2007

Some of the obentos I made this week! : )



Sunday night, I made some delicious homemade hamburg. I had a ton of leftover hamburg beef in the fridge, so when Monday morning rolled around. I fried up 4 of the cutest little homemade mini hamburgs and I even topped them with cheese, ha ha ha. Steamed and buttered, lightly salted and peppered brocoli, and white rice with some butter and shoyu mixed in for flavor. Fruit cup of the day is a very colorful, mix of fresh strawberries and fresh pineapples. I also added 2 jelly's as well. Entire lunch came back empty, empty. : )



Another night, I made some homemade, yakitori. Yes, I certainly did dice up the chicken breasts and shewer it on there myself, lol. It was easy anyways. LOL. I purposely left 5 shewers in the marinate all night long in the fridge. Next morning, I fried them up in a little bit of olive oil. They were even better marinated then the ones the night before. So what was in his lunch? On a bed of white rice, I laid down 3 all white meat, skinless and super marinated yakitori. I also sent him with a side of green beans. And for his fruit cup that day, I sent him with a colorful fruit cup of fresh kiwi, fresh pineapple,a nd 1 fresh strawberry. And yes I also added 2 jelly's as well. A very yummy and healthy obento! And it came back empty! : ) Noah, ate the 2 leftover yaitori for his lunch at home : )


On Thursday night, I made some tostadas. Oh man, were they good. I even had taco beef for some and chicken for other's, all had beans too. However, I knew sending a tostada would be outta the question. Why? The tostada shell won't fit in any of the obento boxes I have. So, I thought and thought some more. And finally came up with.....


Just sending him with a taco obento. His last 2 sensei's had seen B take a taco obento about a billion times before. However new school year, new sensei! Ha! So, today, which is Friday. This is what I sent Branden to school with. 2 ground beef tacos. 1 hash brown cooked in the toaster oven. 1 steamed broccoli for his veggie. And some fresh crisp grapes for his fruit cup. And sure as heck, I added the 2 jelly's as well. How come I haven't been taking pics of the jelly's? I must be partially asleep in the mornigns or what, I don't know, ha ha ha. So anyway those are some of the things I sent my kiddo to school with this week. : )