Yesterday was such a gorgeous day that we decided since Noboru was off work. Yet Branden had school, why not just play hooky and go have a family day! I was actually in the kitchen looking in the fridge trying to decide what to make B for lunch, when Noboru came in there to ask me, if I'd prefer just let B have a day off school and we head for the hour long drive to some big aquarium that we've never been before! Noboru had been wanting to go there, so I said, what the heck let's go! So we all quickly dressed and got in the car and left the house around 8:30 am. We stopped off at Mc Donald's on the way and we arrived a bit past 10:00 am. Here's what the place looked like from the outside. : )
Some guy in the tank had a microphone and was speaking to the crowd. He answered questions and was very funny! He brought out a piece of squid and asked us all, "which fish do you think is going to eat this?" And amazingly some fish didn't want to eat it at all, but a few loved it. He showed what a few fish or turtles liked to eat. It was pretty interesting, we had fun listening to this guy in the tank, ha ha ha. : )
This reminded me of the movie "Finding Nemo", and that surfer turtle saying in his best surfer way of speaking..."taking on the jellies" ha ha ha!
Okay when I saw this at first, I didn't know if I should be thinking, yikes or what! But then after a few seconds I thought, I guess it is educational for the kids. So it's all good, I guess : )
These were actual real sharks. Fetus sharks, I guess, I don't know. But they were alive, and moving inside. Interesting. And yup crowds of people hung near the windows to look, so I guess it was an educational thing and interesting too : )
Doctor fish? Okay now I really have heard of everything ha ha ha! : ) These fish apparently eat the dead skin off your body, if you have any! Noboru heard this and he immediately rolled up his sleeve and had a go of it! As for me, not feeling too overly enthused about having something eat off my flesh, living or otherwise, was not exactly wanting to give it a try! Ha ha ha, so I watched! : )
Here's Noboru and the ummm, doctors? Ha ha ha! : ) He loved it, he said it tickled and after he washed his hand in the sink near this tank he said his one hand felt squeaky clean! He insisted I do it. I was pretty hesitant about it. He persisted some more! Ha ha ha! : )
Alright, what can I say. I gave it a go! How was it? Hmmm. Well in my opinion it didn't tickle. It just felt plain weird. Hard to describe really. And, no my hand didn't feel squeaky clean afterwards either. I didn't mind it though and I guess I am glad I tried it. But, I sure wouldn't wanna be in a great big tank with a whole bunch of these little fellas though : )
They had a penguin feeding outside and we waited for it. But with it being right along the ocean, and with winter still hanging on some. It was cold. Really cold actually, yet the sun was still shining! : )
The 2 boys waiting for the penguins to be fed! Branden didn't wanna wear his hat. And Noah, he was wearing a hat my auntie made for Branden when B was little. I'm glad both boys got a usage out of it. Noah was also wearing Branden's old wind breaker, as I've said in the past on here, it's really nice to be able to pass things down from child to child, it helps! : )
Still waiting on the steps for the penguin feeding. We had a 10 minute wait...not too long! : )
Ummm huh! See this is what happens when they insist to take off their hats, they end up with the dreaded "hat hair" ha ha ha! : )
We ordered lunch at the food court area of the aquarium. We seldom ever get the chance to eat seafood like this, unless we get to go somewhere like this. So that's why we had lunch here today! : )
You know how when you order and they give you those buzzer things to, buzz you went your food is ready? Well, B had it up to his ear. He wanted to feel it buzzing is his ear, I guess ha ha. And caramel corn is something they rarely get to munch on, unless we hit Disneyland or somewhere, so again we thought, oh what the heck! : )
The view was really nice while we were eating! Probably cold as hell outside, no doubt but that's why we ate inside and just enjoyed the view instead. : )
Here you have it, the "Squidward platter" okay if you don't watch Spongebob you probably didn't get that one! (Shakes head at herself) This was all squid. And soup camew ith it. The boys shared the soup and it was filing for them and warm for their tummies! Noboru munched the squid thing. : )
This bad boy is what I ordered! Was this ebi tendon gigantic or what??? Those shrimp were so big, I actually had to take a double take! They didn't even fit on the bowl! I was hungry, I was honestly starved by this time, so I jumped right in with eating my lunch! I couldn't eat more then one of the shrimp and some rice. I tried and even finishing the one, was hard for me. Believe me, I really tried! LOL. Branden had a few bites of the shrimp and so did Noah. They each had a few spoonfuls of rice with sauce on it as well. And then they got to munch their caramel corn. So what did I do with the other half of my meal? Noboru ate the other shrimp and finished off the rice too. We were all stuffed after lunch for sure. But Noboru? Gosh, he felt so full, I thought I was gonna have to actually "roll" him out of there! Ha ha ha! : )
On the way back from the aquarium we decided to stop off at that big outlet mall, that we saw on the way there. We rarely ever go to outlets in Japan, so since we saw one, we checked it out. Does anyone else think Osh Kosh, even at the outlets is still just too expensive in Japan? When I shop at the Osh Kosh outlet in the US, I find $7.00 US tops for the boys. Overall's for $10.00 US at the outlets. Cute stuff but cheap/affordable stuff. When I went in here, the stuff was still cute but the prices are just ridiculously too expensive. I bought a very cute pair of overall shorts/shortalls for Noah. And a cute t shirt for Branden. But that was it! After that, we looked upstairs in Adidas and Nike, didn't see anything. Well, we did find a nice sweatshirt for Branden, but he needs a 120 cm and they only had 110 and 140 cm, so that was completely out of the question. So we didn't buy anything there. Well, unless you count we stopped and had some crepes upstairs before we left and headed home. But it was a nice place to window shop though : )
We headed home and reached home around 8:00 pm. What a long day it was, ha ha ha! Fun day though. I threw the boys in the shower to get showered up and I jumped in the shower and got clean as well. The thought of all the doctor fish, and whatnot that we all touched and stuff throughout the day. It was enough to make us wanna get soapy clean after all that! We retreated to the couch and we watched TV. I think I must've started drifting off to lalaland because I woke up a few times and caught myself waking up and drifting off a couple times. I carried the kids to bed and I went to sleep myself. I just couldn't stay awake anymore. Yup, I went to bed by 11:00 pm, what a total bore ha ha ha!So anyway that was our day : )