
Okay, it's no big secret, I love holidays. western one's, Japanese one's. I love them all! Any reason to celebrate? I'm sure to be in the mix of it!!! Ha ha ha! I decided to have a really fun Easter party and invite some of Branden's friends, he goes to the Catholic yochien with. It's going to be really cool, all the kids will be dying Easter eggs outside on the back terrace (that way no mess in the house, thank you very much! ha ha ha) have loads of Easter goodies that I brought back with me thanks to Kmart lol! And just sorta have a nice hang out afternoon with some yochien mom's/friends of mine and B's friends/classmates! It's going to be held on Saturday, the actual day before Easter Sunday. That way, we keep the "real" Easter Sunday, just a family thing at home! So on Wednesday afternoon, March 28th, while I sat watching B attend swimming class. I sat upstairs, both watching B through the glass window, and also it gave me time to write up the invitations for our little Easter shindig I'm throwing! : ) The cracked seat is because I'm at the swim school obviously, ha ha ha : )

This is what I wrote inside. I am asking everyone to bring their own hard boiled egg's for dying and obviously they will be taking their own eggs home with them. I don't want their egg's, lol. It's just, I didn't really wanna buy 12 cases of egg's or anything. I have heaps of the dye of course. But with B's friends having siblings and stuff, I really was unsure of how many egg's. So, 5 eggs per whomever kid. That way, each family is responsible whether they have enough eggs for their family or not. Of course I will boil a dozen extra just in case though. And names? Come, on, I admit I'm horrible with the names, so I thought if I just wrote it....especially for you. It was more personal, yet without horribly botching someones name. Phew! I did write a time table....I do know it will run over that time. But by adding an "end" time, I do know it will for surely be over by 4:00 pm. So I at least have a window of when it will end. And nope I didn't need anyone to mail me an RSVP or anything to let me know who's coming. At our yochien, pretty much everyone knows where we live. And since it's a western party, I purposely wrote the invitation in English. But yes, I did explain what it all said in Japanese. I think the mom's will be keeping the invitations for keepsakes. Because they loved looking at them, which I thought was sorta cute of them for doing that! They're excited, I'm excited! Ha ha ha, it's going to be a hoot! : )

These were some of the invitations, I wrote out 2 more after this. I wrote 7 invitations total. That way, even if 2 can't make it, 5 will. Plus kids. One of my girlfriend's says a lot of the mom's want to come to this, like more then I invited. I told her, everyone who wants from our yochien can come. Noboru meanwhile worries it will be too many people! Ha ha ha! How many will end up coming? We'll see, but it sure will be fun regardless! : )

After swimming class, we came home. And I made chicken chow mein, but in Japan it's called, Sara/sala (sp?) udon. Just chopped up some veggies. While Branden took his swimming bag upstairs. I guess, I coulda used more veggies. But I was keeping it simple, just Chinese cabbage, mushroom, carrots and bell pepper and bean sprouts.

Stir fried the chicken, meanwhile I got my crunchy noodles ready. And this sauce doesn't contain shrimp or taste seafoody, so the pic with the shrimp on it, is a bit misleading for me. Ha!

After everything was cooked, I added the packets of sauce from the crunchy noodles and some water. I also added a bit of soy sauce for some ooomph! Ha ha ha.

Pic doesn't look very appetizing to me. But it was so great! Very yummy and quick! We watched TV and hung out at home in the evening! A totally very nice and relaxing week, was had in our house!

Okay and this doesn't have anything to do with anything really! But again my blog does say talking about everything from the big, to the mundane, lol! I was at the store the other day. And I had to pick up 2 boxes of detergent, I always buy them in 2's, I know, I know. It's just I do heaps of laundry all the time, so buying in 2's is a necessity for me. Anyway, here's the funny bit. The packaging says, thanks for 20 years. I guess this company has been in business for 20 years? Okay anyways, then said, this is a limited edition/time, scent. And the scent is floral soap. But, the limited edition's, in Japan are nothing new and why I am mentioning it at all! Since living in Japan, I have seen limited edition, Kit Kat's, limited edition deodorant where the scent would only be sold in summer. And so on to infinity! If you live in Japan, I am sure by now you must be smiling because you *know* exactly what I'm talking about! What is it about Japan that likes to sell stuff that is "limited edition"or for sale for only a special amount of time??? Even Mc Donald's sells that what...that "moon burger" or whatever every Sakura season! Ha ha ha! And people rush out, and buy whatever it is, being sold because it is only for a limited time! Ha ha ha. I do it myself! With exception of the moon burger, I dislike that thing. So, there I was at the store, me and my 2 boy's. I read the box. Could read bits and pieces of it. But enough so, that I got....limited time only??? Shit! I must buy this ASAP!!!! So, me and the hoards of other Japanese housewives swarmed around this mini mountain of floral soap scented detergent, lol. And I chucked the 2 in my cart right away! Ahhh, the longer I live in Japan.....I tell ya! It's so funny, I am now a total sucker for limited edition or "for a limited time only" stuff! Ha ha ha! Oh come on....I don't mind poking fun at myself! I never take myself too seriously at all. But you guys shoulda seen me! Observing crowds of women around the detergent. And finding out, what? Did they just say...limted? LIMITED??? OMG, throwing 2 into my cart. What a total nerd I am, seriously! : ) So later that night, I tell Noboru and show him the box....he says oh yeah, it was indeed a limited editon scent! Having grown up in Japan obviously, he knows the importance of this crazy stuff! Ha! I say...I know, I know! I *had* to buy them! Ohhhh, I just love Japan sometimes! And yes, America does stuff like this, but not even, 1 tenth as much as Japan does. They've got it down to a science here! Ha ha ha! And I am one of the many who often fall for this marketing! : )

And by the way, the price was pretty cheap. under 3 bucks! : )

And on a similar note. I have been quietly stocking up on my obento food stuff. Little by little. I bought 2 packs of hash browns. 1 pack for obento's and the other pack for house use. We don't fry them. We throw them in the toaster oven. They still get crunchy and yummy, but without the deep fry. The kids are always munching on potato cakes/hash browns around here. And they're for super cheap. I also bought 2 packs of the jelly thing for obento's already. I have my nori stocked up on for onigiri Wednesday's, as well. I am indeed getting ready for making my kiddo's obento at school. I'm gearing up! Ha ha ha! I can almost hear the theme to Rocky right now! LOL! : )

On Thursday, my flying pig order came. Funny, I grew up thinking, pigs *didn't* fly!!! Now living in Japan, I realize, *yes* they do! Ha ha ha, just kidding! I told the kids, to keep looking out the window and if they saw a big giant pig with a curly tail landing in our driveway with a box on her back. Our order got here! Ha ha ha! : )

Just the basics, mam! Bacon, waffles and rolls and no thrills whatsoever. Sniff, sniff! Ha ha ha : )

We had this for dinner on Thursday.

After the chicken baked in the oven. I meanwhile boiled some spaghetti and we had chicken parmigiana, thanks to Costco and it was fantastic! Our 3 week school break was spent like this so far. First week, we were in Guam. And this is our second week, and we spent it at home, eating stuff like chicken chow mein, or chicken parmigiana and pasta or steaks. We've been renting DVD's from Tsutaya. We rented the one with Jack Black, about a wrestler in Mexico. Mucho Libre or something. I forget the name. It wasn't so good. But we've just been hanging home. The boys have been playing in the backyard every single day. Branden and I played Candyland twice this week. And we have worked on his spelling and have been reading books together every day. I still have been cleaning and doing my regular stuff, but I've really cut back this week. Just taking less time, cleaning and blogging. And spending every second with my boy's. And of course joking with the hubby every second I get, never gets boring. We took a nice romantic bath the other night, after the boys went to bed. Life is good, I have no complaints. : )
PS, My brother in law Jun and his wife Satoe had their baby girl!!! They had her the day before, we arrived in Japan from Guam. They named her Mia, which I think is a fab name! : )