Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Favorite TV shows from the 70's (or early 80's), what were yours? : )

Were you one of the many of kids who grew up, watching the New Zoo Revue in the 1970s? I was, I remember watching...Freddie the Frog and Henrietta Hippo, etc. Ha ha ha! : )

However my most favorite of shows as a child growing up in the 70's was the Krofft Superstars!....with H.R. Pufnstuf , Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, The Bugaloos and you can't forget the Land of the Lost with Will and Holly and Chaka, ha ha ha! And the Sleestacks? Weren't they called the sleestacks? LOL!

My Saturday mornings growing up in the 70's wouldn't have been the same without these shows! Geeze I even remember the Bay City Roller's used to be on the Krofft show once in a while.

Anyone remember, Witchiepoo? Or Plastic Man or the Little's or the Smurf's?

How about the Electric Company? Anyone remember the Electric Company? I looooved the Electric Company! Ha ha ha! A remember a very young Morgan Freeman used to be on that show! I recall the show used to count like....12345......6,7,8,9,10,11,12!!! Ha ha ha!

Okay one last one....how about, Conjunction junction what's your function? From School House Rock! LOL, I used to love that show too! I got the DVD of School House Rock a couple years ago and I watch this with my boys sometimes!

Anyway, I'm not sure if these shows were on only in America or if other western countries also watched these shows in the 70's or not like we did in US.

So, I ask you, what shows were your favorites growing up? Some of my favorites were, The Facts of Life, with Mrs. Garret and Blair, and Tootie, and Jo, etc! And the song wasn't it something like this?...."you take the good, you take the bad ,you take them all and there you have the facts of life." LOL, weren't those the words from that song or something like that? And the Love Boat and Fantasy Island, oh man I loved those shows! So seriously, since most of us are on the 3 weeks school break, if you have time, please share. What were your television favs growing up? : )

PS, did any of you own the Strawberry Shortcake dolls with the scented hair? Oh man, I did. I had all of them, like Lemon Meringue, with the blond lemon scented hair, Blueberry muffin with the yummy hair, she was my favorite btw, lol. And of course strawberry shortcake. LOL. And most of all, did any of you own the rainbow shirt that was everywhere in the 70's? I owned it too. It was white based and had like 3/4 length sleeves and it had a rainbow in the front of the shirt and even had the end of the rainbow on the sleeves? Ha ha ha, funny about the stuff I remember ha ha ha! : )

PSS, and what am I doing today? Absolutely nothing! I do have my "to do" list. But, I'll get it all done tomorrow. For today, I'm waiting on my order from Costco that should be arriving this afternoon. And I got a comfy couch waiting for me and a remote I will be using to surf the TV channels. I'm snuggling on the couch and watching TV today. Yup, I'm having a lazy bum day. The kids can play in the back yard or they can hang inside. Besides we did swimming yesterday, so a day of some R and R is looking pretty good to me today. I will enjoy every moment of the kids vacation. I've already started staying awake to 1:00 am now.and I am sleeping in until 9:00 am too when Noah wakes up. B wakes up around 10:00 am and 11:00 am every morning. We have all gotten quite relaxed being on break. Ha ha ha : )