My dad was pretty excited to see the blush pink apples in Japan. I guess because I live in Japan, I see them all the time, so I must be used to seeing them? Seeing his excitement made me realize, "yeah I guess they are beautiful apples aren't they" lol. He said they were being sold for around $5.00 US each apple like this in Guam for a blush pink apple. So, I bought a 4 pack of them for 350 yen at the store the other day for my dad. With one left over, I am using it for Branden's fruit for today's lunch. You can see my dad in the background of the pic reading the bible. My dad is very Catholic. I mean...very very! In fact my entire family is that way! I believe I told you all already in older posts. My grandma's house before she passed used to look like a mini Vatican city with ceramic saints in her yard. Giant cross at the front door. Pics of the pope everywhere and various crucifixes, lol. My grandma had 10 kids. And I have about a bazillion cousins. Sounds so Catholic doesn't it? LOL. When I went to Catholic school growing up, I swear the entire school was either a cousin or a neighbor! LOL! I respect what I am, a whole lot and probably why I am sending my kids to Catholic school here in Japan. But I am a more open minded Catholic. But my dad and my entire family prefer tease me and call me a "cafeteria catholic" err I hate that word! Ha ha ha! In case you don't know...cafeteria Catholics are called that, because they pick and choose what they believe and follow versus the harder core catholics, like the rest of my family is, who follow everything to a T! But I hate the word cafeteria catholic and prefer to call myself...a more open minded catholic? Ha ha ha. Okay I can just imagine my family bonking me for saying that! LOL. Anyway I better change the subject now.
But yeah my dad reads the bible every day for at least 1 hour! It's highlighted with different colored highlighter pens, lol. He also brought me a rosary. Which is nice. This one is antique and made of vibrant blue and antique metal..like a silver color. It's nice. I think I have enough rosary beads to even rival Madonna now, lol! (Shakes head and laughs at herself) but wait a minute, Madonna converted to Judaism, right? Okay never mind! : )
Today's lunch. Mini chicken cutlets, rice with butter and soy sauce, like 3 fries. And 1 big steamed broccoli and for dessert, he has some apple and one of those funky jellie (I think because it's not like peanut butter and jelly, type jelly is why I always spell it differently). : )