Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Monday afternoon and Tuesday update! : )

Monday afternoon, my dad and Noah and I (Branden was at school and Noboru was at work) we decided to hit the smallish countryside shopping mall. Nothing much to see but they have a few shops and a Daiso. I figure anytime I get company from outside of Japan, a trip to the 100 yen shop is always in order! If you've ever gone to the 99 cent store in the US, they are absolutely wretched. They have cheap, gross stuff probably not even worth 99 cents. Sorry, to say that 99 cents shops! But in Japan the 100 yen shop is to die for! They have excellent stuff! Really awesome stuff actually! Some stuff even I can't believe it is just 100 yen. My dad looked at everything and walked down every aisle. I was a bit surprised, he didn't buy 1 single thing from there though. Hmmm, maybe he's been here too many times and doesn't need anything from there or what? How could someone not buy something from the 100 yen store? Ha ha ha!I just bought a few things. Under 500 yen that's for sure! : )

Tuesday afternoon, after yochien let out. My friend Rieko/Rie-san came over my house for a visit and brought her 2 kids over to play. I bought the Gusto party platters. They're a good deal, I've bought them before for get together's before. They're 1400 yen each and very filling and easy for get together's/parties and that way I know people can pick whatever they want! Her kids, Aoi-kun is one of B's closest friends at school. They also go to swimming school together as well. And his younger sister Itsuki-chan is 3 years old and just started the same yochien as Aoi-kun and Branden as well. All 4 kids, Noah included, played out in the backyard, then they played upstairs in the boys 2 rooms. And then they settled in the living room. They also ate food from the platters between play time and running around. Rie-san brought a bunch of cakes. Gorgeous strawberry cakes, we ate them with coffee afterwards. I should have taken pictures of when they were here, but I forgot completely, darn it! : )

These are the pics of the party platters before everyone got here though! : )