Okay, my hubs and I are pretty close, but I actually think I have managed to totally catch him by surprise this time! The guy has no clue! Bwa ha ha ha! I have been secretly planning how I will be making him some yummy cupcakes for Valentine's day! The cake mix I bought here in Japan at Kaldi and hid it away a few weeks ago. The cake decorations, sprinkle type things I have been buying here and there too, ha, I am such a sneak! Insert evil laughter here! Today was the day. I told Branden, we will be doing *something* as soon as daddy leaves today. Noboru, overheard us and was so curious he asked Branden what it was, about a million times before he left. But since I knew Branden would probably spill the beans, I didn't tell Branden what it was. Ha ha ha! As soon as the hubs left to work on the late shift tonight. I got myself and the boys in the kitchen and we started to work on the cupcakes! : )
Eggs were cracked, mix was stirred. It was pretty fun! The best part is, we all helped and we all know how surprised he is going to be tomorrow!
The frosting is the whip cream kind. So it's going to be less sweet then the regular sometimes overly sweet kind. We added a pinch of red food coloring to make a nice pink Valentine's type color.
I was thinking the colored sprinkles would be like hard candy. But I was wrong, they are more like gummy sprinkles but they are not very sweet at all. And not all overly chewy either. They really are pretty good, I was surprised. And the little silver candy balls, looks like pearls when we put them on a pink back drop, so they all came out sorta neat! The boys and I all helped with the sprinkle decorations! : )
Everything is all cleaned up now and they are all safely wrapped on that oblong tray and wrapped gently on top with tin foil. I think Noboru is going to be really happy with his homemade Valentine's day present from us! Perhaps not an expensive store bought gift, but it was a homemade gift that we made for him with our hearts and so I hope it counts for something! I hope he likes them! Happy Valentine's day everyone! : )