Sunday, December 03, 2006

What a shitty morning so far! : )

What a crappy morning! On the bright side it can only get better right? : )

You all know I'm not a morning person at all and Monday morning's are just the absolute worst for me, because I've gotten used to sleeping in on Saturday and Sunday and like it...so Monday's early wake up, feels like a punishment ha ha ha! So anyway, the alarm wakes me up this morning at 6:40 am, I snoozed it twice, the second time, I actually missed the clock entirely and whacked the bed post, seriously! Lucky for me I managed to find the alarm "by touch" without having to actually open my eyes! Ha ha ha! So all was good.

I dragged myself downstairs. My routine is, hot coffee stat, 5 minutes of CNN and then make lunch, then go and get Branden and make sure he gets his uniform on and his teeth brushed and hair combed, make him breakfast and then he gets to watch 5 minutes of cartoons before we run out the door. All of this is possible because Noah usually sleeps until I wake him up and we go cruising down the street or Noboru will walk Branden to the bus stop as well and I'll stay with Noah depending on his schedule. And then I'll come back home and watch a full hour of CNN.

Or sometimes, Noah will wake up freakishly happy like most days (which is amazing to me, because I usually hate waking up and am a complete grouch in the mornings) and sit quietly in his high chair nibbling some toast.

But this morning? OMG! Noah woke up screaming and crying, down right inconsolable! No chance for coffee, no chance for CNN. All he wanted was to be held. Which woulda been fine *if* I had all the time in the world, so this made making Branden's obento rather difficult with the use of only 1 hand! Yup, slicing bread crusts off with one hand, spreading Miracle Whip with only one hand. Making an entire lunch one handed? Not fun at all! I finally hand enough and let him sit in the high chair where he could throw himself a fit and I could make the lunch! What else could I do? Cancel Branden's school for the day? Of course not! It's days like today, when it's *so* hard to have a tiny tot *and* a school aged toddler at the same damned time!

I threw on a sweatshirt and slipped on my Crocs, only because going back up the stairs, to get some socks was outta the question (I was already holding Noah at the genkan and all the yochien stuff), so I slipped on the clogs, with my standard housemom outfit, 1 of my 4 pairs of my yoga pants and a zip up sweatshirt, messy pony tail and holding a Noah with some footie pajamas and in the other hand I held Branden's backpack and school bags. Threw it all in the car and we drove to the bus stop today. Sorry but after all that....running down the street and up the hill just seemed out of the question at this point! We sat waiting in the car with the heater blowing nice warm air. With the weather as freaking cold as it's been here in Chiba....it's certainly going to be good to go away to someplace hot for the holidays, I tell ya! : ) We had an Old Rolling Stones CD on and we waited. Next thing you know the 2 female teachers came in the school bus. And I got out, and helped Branden with the bags and backpack into the school bus and hopped back into my car with Noah. And by this time, he was calm but a minute earlier he was crying his eyes out, go figure! He must have got all cried out, he was done with it, oh thank god!

We got back home, I finally just got my hot coffee and I'm now on my second cup of joe right now. About to blog this and go sit down and watch some CNN, before I have to start cleaning the house! What's for dinner tonight? Oh man....I'll have to think about that one a little bit later! : )