
These tacos can't fit into the tiny 300 ml metal obento box. And believe me, I know it's a rule! And I hate breaking rules, I really do! But what can I do? If it won't fit, it simply won't fit! This Spongebob one in the pic I'm using, is 600 ml and at first, I laid tin foil down underneath it and it didn't fit like that so I had to remove the tin foil! And sorry but sending him to lunch with a half of a croissant sandwich, is one thing, but sending my son off to school with a half a taco? I simply won't do that and I draw the line! Ha ha ha, no half taco! Ha ha ha! I hope the teacher's don't go all berserk and burst a blood vessel about it! Hopefully they will understand it wouldn't fit. Yet I know the metal obento box rule is in effect as well. Sigh, what to do, what to do.
Anyway, I hope everything works out. So, without further ado here's what's in his lunch today! 2 ground beef tacos and cheese only. Lettuce and tomato would surely spoil in the obento warmer. So it has to be this simple. 1 peeled mikan and 2 tiny jellies. that's it. Very simple and all. Just used what was leftover. So it's cheaper for us and also easier for me as well! : )
PS, edited to add. Yes, the teachers did mention to me this afternoon that I needed to send him to school with a metal lunch box! Duh, what a shocker, like I didn't know that! I wanted to ask them, why is there no metal obento box available larger then a puny little 300 ml? I mean trying to pack an entire lunch for my child in the size of an obento box, that's the size of a pack of ciggies is getting to drive me a bit bonkers here! The 300 ml is just too small to pack a lunch. Branden gets home starved, no wonder, I'd be hungry too, if I was as active as a 5 year old and yet ate only the size lunch of a pack of ciggies! Should I just buy an adults metal one? Geeze, could I even find an adults metal one? Do they have warmers for obento's at Japanese companies for adults like they keep at yochiens? So would I have a better chance looking for an adults metal obento box? And if I did locate an adults metal box, would it be *approved* by our school? So many questions. But sadly lacking the Japanese speaking skill to really dive into questions like this, so to even ask such questions is clearly outta my league. They mentioned I needed to send him with a metal obento box. (like no duh) and I just gomen nasai-ed them! Sigh! I really would like to enroll myself in a Japanese class as soon as Noah starts yochien. I really would love to learn to speak better Japanese. I'm going to have Noboru talk to them about the few questions that I'm having! : )