
This evening right after we took Branden swimming, Noboru wanted to run to Apita to get himself one of those 1000 yen cheapie haircuts. They cut his hair pretty well, he has no complaints about them ever. So as we were driving there from the swimming school. I was really thinking if I, should get Noah's haircut there, or not? Hmmm, what to do, what to do! I asked Noboru and he said, I do great haircuts and having someone else cut his hair, would most likely result in, they'd screw his hair cut up. Noboru's biggest worry about Noah's hair is the bang area, being cut way too ridiculously short or super straight bangs like Moe from the Three Stooges or as I call those bangs, Dumb and Dumber hair, you know from the movie? Ha ha ha! And I did that once to Noah about 6 month's ago and we had to end up buying thinning sheers to give it more of a shaggy edge versus the straight across Moe type bangs. So we were chatting away like crazy in the car about it! I brought up, he hated my last hair cut I gave Noah, as well and said I botched the area around his ears.
The reason Noah's haircuts are such a pain for us, is because his hair is very fine and very thin. He has typical western fine hair and his hair takes forever to grow back if it gets messed up. Where as Branden's hair is very thick and grows back in a weeks time! ha ha ha! Lucky Branden! : )
I finally decided to just go for it and if they screw it up, we won't ever do it again. So, Noah went first. Also Noboru was worried Noah would cry or throw a fit. And he did cry, I won't lie....however it lasted about 1 mere minute. He was afraid and he quickly got over it and sat quietly on my lap until it finished.
The guy who came out to cut his hair, is the stylist, we have been seeing there since we moved here and I really think he owns this shop actually. Because there were 2 other stylists out there cutting people's hair and he came out when he saw us. He cut my dad's hair once when he was in Japan. The stylists used to live in Seattle. He also has a 2 year old son himself, so he knows kids, which made me happy knowing he'd know what to expect when cutting little kids hair with the moving their heads and whatnot. So Noboru told him to cut the back, "but not too short." Ha ha ha! And to trim the sides, "but not too short". And to *barely* trim the bang area, but we wanted them still long and very shaggy bangs. Not like a bowl cut/ Beetles bangs at all. Then after he finished telling him. I told him in Japanese myself the same exact thing. I told him give Noah just a typical longish little Japanese boys type haircut. Angled side burns and the likes. Mostly long, and shaggy. And when he started cutting the bangs, I said, very little please...chotto chotto chotto (yes I know my Japanese sucks but at least I can communicate the main message and I do try, ha ha ha) So as I chanted chotto, chotto and shaggy shaggy, lol how hilarious now that I think of it. There were other people in the hair cutting place but you know what? I don't even recall them at all, while I was in the seat, perhaps I was too distracted. I was distracted and worried because I knew what Noboru said in the car.....that they'd surely screw it up! I really wanted to prove him wrong and get Noah a good haircut.
Turns out, the guy who used to live in Seattle, gave Noah a perfect haircut. He gave him a little Japanese boy hair cut, long and shaggy still. He gave him V shaped side burns exactly like I asked for. I was really pleased. Even still, I wish his bang area was a bit longer. Noboru wishes too. But his haircut looks pretty darned good and the bangs are still long enough and so we are both pretty happy. However, I think I will still give him home hair cuts though. But, I might go and get his hair cut there every other time though, who knows. But Noah's hair grows, so slowly anyway, he probably won't need another hair cut for the next 2 month's, ha ha ha!
I also offered Branden to get himself a hair cut as well. Being that daddy and Noah got one, I thought he should get one too, as to not feel left out. He said, no way! He did not want one at all. Ha ha ha.

A typical Japanese little boy's hair cut. Long shaggy bangs still, phew! Long sides with a V shaped side burn (exactly what I asked for.) And a medium length back but it's greatly cleaned up to how it was and it has a much cleaner style then how it looked before. The back was way too long before, like mullet hair in the back, blech! But now it's all normal and short (but not too short) and clean looking!

Looks so much better now! : )
My oldest cutie, who successfully avoided getting a hair cut. But then with him being at school all day long and then swimming school. He must have been totally exhausted! : )