
Well, my mil got here around 8:30 pm. I had the curry dinner boiling away on the stove and Noboru went and picked her up from the train station. She arrived, I greeted her at the door. Thanking her for coming to be here for Branden's recital and whatnot. She brought me some treats to eat. A loaf of garlic bread. And some apple pie. She said the apple's came from a good place in Japan where they are famous for their apples. Fuji or someplace or other. I was so happy, I love garlic bread (duh : ) and apple pie. We were off to a good start. : )

I love food and I had to take a peek at what it looked like inside oh man! Looked so good!
We had dinner right away. She said she was starving, which was a relief! I asked her if Indian curry was okay, and she said it was fine! Phew! She loved it! All of us ate, all 5 of us. Noah had egg drop soup though. She'd never eaten a naan before and she loved them! So dinner was a success. I went and set a bath for my mil, while Noboru loaded the dishwasher. I insisted she bathe first. She asked to shower and stuff with the kids. Noah wouldn't go for it at all! But Branden said yes. So she and Branden must have had a ball up there, because we could hear loud laughter and singing and all the noise! She stayed and watched TV. Noah and Noboru and I all went up and showered and bathed together.
Came down stairs and we stayed downstairs and watched about 5 minutes of TV, before my mil started saying how we should *all* be in bed by now! Ha ha ha! It was barely 11:00 pm and Noah had already fallen asleep. I really wasn't sleepy at all, but I didn't see the need to argue about it either. So I went upstairs, quite frankly feeling like I was back again in the fourth grade or something ha ha ha! But it was okay, I oyasumi nasai-ed her and we all went to sleep. Well actually I stood laying in bed, staring at the 20 foot ceilings in my bedroom and the ceiling fan going around for a few minutes, until I got sleepy enough to drift off to sleep.
We woke up the next morning. Feeling extremely rested. Hmm, I was now glad I went to bed so early! Ha ha ha! I asked Branden the #1 important question on a school day.....waffles (frozen), cereal or egg's and rice. He said, waffle's. He had 2 waffles with butter and Mrs. Butterworth's, Noah had 1. And they each had some mikan juice. Got him dressed and all. And with 15 minutes to spare. Mitsuko asked Noboru (cleaarly she didn't know he had eaten already), so she asked him in Japanese, shouldn't Branden eat breakfast? Noboru told his mom, yeah he ate already! She was shocked, saying my sil's kids have a much harder time to get ready in the morning. She was shocked. And I did feel bad she compared grandkids again, I hate that when she does that. But as usual, I didn't say anything. I just don't see the need to fight with her on the tiny stuff or make waves, when I don't have to, you know what I mean? The school bus was picking up grandparents and kids today. So Branden and grandma went walking to the bus stop.
When they returned, she said he did so well! And that she was beaming and saying how the teacher was telling her on the bus (this is Branden's actual teacher) she was saying how well he does at school. This made grandma really happy!
Noboru was gone and at work when they came back. Mitsuko and I went and took the kids to Coco's restaurant. I've never been there before. Mitsuko had never been there before either. And this morning she mentioned to Noboru, we should have lunch and Noboru mentioned Coco's. I know he said that because he knew I had been wanting to try that place. So we went there and the food was really good! I had the quesadilla and a side of fries. I'll definitely go back there again! : )
Afterwards, I dropped her off at the train station. I thanked her for coming and then another car honked at me at the drop off area at the train station, so we had to say extremely fast good-byes and I drove off! It wasn't such a bad visit this time! : )