Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Dinner, yumm! : )


Tonight I made a shell pasta soup dish. To start I stir fried some pasta shells with some olive oil to get a nice golden brown color and flavor! The flavor is gorgeous by doing it this way!


I started boiling things as soon as everything got nicely browned. I added, garlic salt, regular salt, and black pepper. I also use crushed red pepper for flavor and a mild kick! And I use tomato sauce and some tomato paste to thicken things a bit.


I boiled this and soon my kitchen started smelling so amazing! Garlic, crushed red pepper and a homemade quick sauce boiling away! Yummm! This is one of Branden's and Noboru's favorites. They always end up eating 2 giant bowls of this when it's done!



Funny or lucky for me, at my small rinky dinky country store, they actually sell 100% mozzarella in slices. See? It says 100%. So, I buy two of these every week without fail. I know I'll use it. I used 2 slices of it for tonight's dinner.


I didn't want it drowning in gobs of cheese. Just 2 slices to mild everything and give it a tiny cheesy taste. And Noboru and Branden always add an extra slice to their own, but that's because they love extra cheese!

We had this simple easy cheap homemade meal. It took absolutely no time at all. I shoulda made a salad but I wasn't feeling the salad tonight. We had 1 big loaf of crusty french bread. And I made garlic bread from that! Great for dipping into the sauce! Dinner was so great tonight and so simple! Perfect for staying warm on these chilly yucky looking nights! : )