
Monday morning, I wake up bright and early. Make Branden's obento. A chicken and cheese quesadilla. Thank goodness we had that roasted chicken from the night before. Phew! Made the lunch pretty quickly. Super quickly actually. I sat watching about 10 minutes of CNN before I went upstairs to get Branden. Before I could even go and get Branden, the telephone rang. It was the yochien. They wanted to let us know.....school was possibly being cancelled today. Due to severe wind and rains hitting this area. And they added the elementary school already cancelled class today! And to please not drop your kids off, until they call each of us back via the calling tree.
Okay, so Noboru and I were both awake actually having our coffee. And watching the news and we waited (he came down after the phone rang and waited with me) About 10 minutes later they indeed called and said the weather was expected to get even worse around the time school lets out this afternoon. So without a doubt school had to be cancelled...a big storm today was about to hit.
This was sorta exciting to me, because growing up in the US, snow days and blizzards and such often cancelled days from school. I didn't know the same ever happened in Japan. Well, it goes to show, I learned something new today...ha ha ha!
I went upstairs and told Branden he didn't have to go to school today afterall. After a bunch of yippy's and wooohoo's, he ran downstairs and watched cartoons in his pj's and bed head!
Best part of all? I suggested the boys both share the obento this morning. They both wanted waffles. So, I got to eat the yummy lunch all to myself!
I'm going to clean the house a bit today. And do some laundry. : )