Friday, November 10, 2006

The lights came, chicken cutlet curry and staying home and watching Willy Wonka!


The lights got here. Noboru ordered 12 boxes of these. So 1200 light in all. I'm not sure how it will all look, but we'll see. He wants to get it all done before everyone gets here for Thanksgiving.


Today at 9:30 am the school called me. Branden had a fever and for me to come pick him up. When I got there, he had one of those Japanese fever patches stuck to his forehead, ha ha ha. An Anpanman one. I took his temperature and he seemed a little warm, not like dangerously warm, but I was happy the school called me and I brought him home since he was a little feverish. I gave him some children's fever reducer and he seemed fine. He's genki but I had him lay on the couch with pillows and blankies and with his PJ's on since I picked him up and for the entire day.

Some tax people came at 4:00 pm today. We had an appointment. Apparently when you buy a house in Japan, they come and walk through your house and determine how much they should charge you! This is a once in a life time type thing but it still felt weird. By the way, we have been hearing lot's of horror stories about this. Like they'd rifle through all your drawers and whatnot. However it wasn't like that at all. When they drove up, we quickly recognized them as the 2 guys from the city ward office. Nice guys, not bad guys at all. They politely came in and walked from room to room. They were determining costs based on what your house is made of. Like wood or pine or whatever. It didn't take but 8-10 minutes. They never rifled or pillaged through our drawers either. They gave us some sticker to prove we got this inspection and left. It wasn't so bad. And Branden was asleep on the couch at the time so he missed the whole thing. Ha ha ha. Noboru has a good idea of how much they will charge us. But we'll wait and see what the bill says, whenever they mail it to us. We were worried if they'd charge us more for the kitchen and the central heating. We were a little freaked. But they weren't checking for that. They wanted to check on base materials of the house. Such as wall paper or paint. What type of wood flooring, real wood or artificial? That type of stuff. They also walked the entire outside of the house and took measurements. Even though it's been measured anyway, they needed it for city record or whatever. Oh well....just glad it's all over with now.

Since Noboru works the night shift and doesn't leave home tonight until 10:00 pm. We were all going to eat at home together. We wanted something quick and easy. He didn't really wanna cook any big giant meal and neither did I. But we did need to eat and feed the boys. After going through the fridge and the kitchen cupboards, we both decided to make chicken cutlet curry and a salad.The deal was. He would bread the chicken cutlets. And I made the rice and the salads. We both thought it was fair deal! Ha ha ha. I made the salad and rice in less then 10 minutes and he got the chicken breaded in less then 10 minutes as well. The curry was in a boil bag type thing. We boiled up the curry. Fried up the chicken and we were all eating quite quickly. Branden and Noah had the same, but they had a children's boiling bag of Cars curry. Which isn't really spicy at all.




























We knew Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was going to be on Disney at 8:00 pm tonight. So we ate around 6:00 pm. Got done around 6:30 pm. I raced the boys upstairs and got them clean. Put Noah in his jammies and Branden into his pj's and around 7:15 pm we all headed downstairs. This gave us plenty of time to get our chocolate (leftovers from Halloween still, to be honest) and microwave bag of popcorn all popped. We were ready and waiting. And you know....we have the movie on VHS, (not DVD yet sniff sniff) so we can watch it whenever we want anyway. But somehow watching it on TV makes it more special. Dumb sounding I'm sure. But it's exciting.

The music started and watching the chocolate at the beginning and music. So cool! Noah watched. Knowing full and well Noah can't stay awake past 10:00, he always falls asleep. I wasn't surprised when I saw him finally fall asleep at 8:45 pm. Ha ha ha, he only lasted 45 minutes of the movie! Branden and I watched the entire thing together. It was cool, even if it was like the billionth time I've seen it. Noboru had been asleep since 6:30 pm getting those last 3 and a half hours of sleep before he left. So he would be refreshed for work. Total power nap! : )

You know...Augustus doesn't really bother me too much. And Mike Teevee is annoying but doesn't really bother me too much either. I can even sorta forgive the annoying blueberry girl who picks her nose in the boat. But Veruca Salt aggravates me to no end! "I want this...and I want that!" I love when grandpa Joe says..."what she wants is a good kick in the pants!"

And those little oompas and their singing and dancing numbers, I never get tired of those guys. I love the moral of the story...be a good kid, not too much excess of anything (gum, TV or greediness etc) and you will go far. Blah blah. Great movie really.

Again, another day of just staying home and doing normal ho hum type stuff. : )