
I used to love going to the mall in the states and getting one of those great Steak Escape sandwiches! Oh man were those delicious! I also used to like the chicken ones as well!
Thinking about those sandwiches today, inspired me to make them for dinner tonight. Here's some chopped up veggies. If my memory serves me...you gotta have the onions, the mushrooms and green pepper. Check, check and check! Ha ha ha got that all chopped and ready to go! And I'm going to add a tiny Asian twist and use the tiniest bit of teriyaki or yakitori sauce. Just a bit for flavor.

Thank goodness my tiny little country grocery store had 3 loafs of french bread left. Though I only needed 2 of them. : )

Fried up some white skinless boneless chicken breasts then I threw in the chopped up veggies. When they were semi soft I added a bit of sauce then, I threw on some mozzarella cheese. Covered the pan with a lid, until they got all hot and gooey. Lightly toasted my breads so they wouldn't be so chewy. These sandwiches were gigantic. So filling. So warm and hot and yummy melted cheese. Damn they were great! I also served them with fries!

This was one heck of a filling dinner! Branden is going to take a smaller version of this for his obento tomorrow. Mainly because the chicken and veggies are already made and there's leftovers in the fridge, I can quickly warm them up in the morning. This really was a yummy dinner! No frills of course, but definitely delicious! : )