Well making lunch, was a total breeze today compared with yesterday! Ha ha ha! We had hamburg last night for dinner. So this morning I got the seasoned ground beef mixture and fried him up 2 hamburgs in a pan and even topped them with some cheese. White rice with a little butter and soy sauce, some steamed broccoli with some butter and salt and pepper. And the day before I had bought 5 gorgeous looking and yummy croissants from the bakery. Don't Japanese bakeries make the yummiest stuff? These were really flaky and so buttery. I bought 1 for each of us for dinner last night, but I bought the extra one for Branden's lunch today. So he took a croissant and some raisins and 2 of those jelly things. Branden ate his entire lunch! It came back completely empty! Croissant and all, were completely eaten. He did however mention to me, that his teacher today said, his lunch looked really good! That made me laugh! : ) Because at his last yochien, there was an English teacher at that yochien named Michael. And he was from Canada. Anyway, he would go into Branden's class everyday and see what he was having for lunch! How do I know? Because my son tells me absolutely everything, ha ha ha! He told me, mommy, Michael came in and asked me what was for lunch again today! Ha ha ha! I didn't mind at all because Michael was very nice and I'd speak with him every day when I would pick up Branden. And although he was teaching English to the grade older then Branden was in. He would often come and speak with Branden. Of course with the other teachers always around. But I think he got lonely in the day and had no one to speak English with. And Branden speaks English no different then I do. English is actually Branden's first language, he prefers English. So they would chat. And of course on holidays last year, I would pack a sorta foreigners survival kit for Michael and have Branden give it to Michael. Ha ha ha! Just stuff like Mac and cheese, premade pudding cups, popcorn, and more. But now we go to a new school.
Noah and I got to the yochien a little early today. With 15 minutes to kill, we went into the church part of the school. When I enter, I feel immediately relaxed. I feel relaxed because I see familiar things. I see the same types of figures and statues that I saw my entire life and it's quite comforting to me actually. I see the virgin Mary and various saints and I suddenly feel like, phew! Ahhhh! Very tranquil for me being in here! Noah and I look around and feel right at home. I grab some literature in English. They have mass here in English once a month. And they have pamphlets for the Catholic English speaking community and I grab one and take it with me and read it.

Here's the tiny Catholic church. In the US we have enormous churches, but here we have smaller ones and on a much less grand scale. But still lovely and really beautiful to me. The doors were locked and I couldn't enter. Thus the reflection of my head on the glass. : )

Here's the pic of the new pope of course. It's still weird for me to *not* see Pope John Paul ll's face up there anymore. It's still just really weird for me. I loved Pope John Paul, so much! I attended his world youth day, when it was held in Denver, Colorado. I saw the man from the big monitor/screen and from afar and I actually admit, I wept with great happiness! Hearing his voice through the speakers, while he was actually there, man it was awesome! Pope John Paul was a people person. He loved everyone and had this rare ability to connect to all people and from his heart, you could tell he really meant it! He was so personal and loving to all. This new pope. I'm not particularly crazy about him. He's definitely no Pope John Paul. Not by a long shot! But I will follow him. And the whole thing last week, about what he said and then they said he didn't say it. It was translated wrong. Just really made me wonder.
After picking up Branden from Catholic school, we headed down to swimming school. I've taken him to swimming school all week long except for on Monday, since it was closed with it being a holiday. And I'm proud to say, he has now moved on to another level! See, the new patch? He's not a yellow sunflower patch anymore. he's now got some purple flower badge. I erased our last name from the pic for safety reasons. I haven't shown pics of his swimming for a while, but he's really getting good! I can't believe it really! The coach said she thought he was ready to move on but had to test him and 2 other kids. The task was swim with your white board for the entire length of the pool. The pool is huge by the way! And the kids had to swim both ways! Branden and the little boy passed! The cutest little girl didn't pass! I was so sad for her because she is such a sweetie pie! Anyway that was our day in a nutshell! : )