Thursday, September 28, 2006

Friday's lunch! : )


I usually like to send Branden to school with a sandwich 2-3 times a week max. Otherwise he can have rice instead or pasta. So this morning I was going to send him off with a roasted chicken sandwich. But then I thought, why not send him to school with a chicken and cheese quesadilla-esque type thing! Ha ha ha! I browned the tortilla in a skillet a bit beforehand. Then I put the roasted chicken breast from last nights dinner on the tortilla. Put a slice of 100% mozzarella cheese on and microwaved it. The cheese got all hot, and gooey! Salted and peppered it. Folded it up and sliced into little squares. It was so fast, so easy and was made and into the obento box, within 6 minutes from the start. The potatoes, I warmed in the microwave, since they were leftover from dinner last night. Put them in the lunch box. Boiled 2 tiny frozen broccoli's. Diced up some apple, let it soak in the salt water, so the apple won't discolor or turn brown during the day! This is what my MIL taught me and she's actually right about this. Grabbed him 2 jello mini's. Packed up his lunch. I'm serious, his lunch was made within 12 minutes. Gave me time to sit and drink a cup of hot coffee while watching 5 minutes of CNN before I ran upstairs to wake Branden.


Simply just mozzarella cheese and roasted chicken breast meat, on a toasted tortilla. His lunch came back completely empty. Not even a piece of apple was left! Ha ha ha! And yes, he ate both sandwich wraps at school. He does eat a lot, yet both my kids are such skinny minnies. You'd think they never ate at all! Ha ha ha! Yet they eat all the time. Ha ha ha. : )

PS, I'm not going to get much computer time this weekend! My mother-in law is coming on Saturday, that's tomorrow isn't it? She will be spending 2 nights at our place. She is coming tomorrow evening. But is coming for Branden's undokai on Sunday! I think Branden will do great, because Rie-san has told me Branden has been coming in #1 all week long. So either way, we are happy. I hate being online when my mil is here. She leaves on Monday, evening. And I think we are going to Makuhari with my mil on Monday. But I'm not 100% sure yet. So between Saturday and Monday, I probably won't be around much, if at all. So if my blog gets a bit quiet or if I don't get to comment on other people's blogs, that's why. But I'll be back on Tuesday! : ) With lot's of pictures and stories to share, I'm sure! : )

Have a fab weekend everyone! : )