Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Swimming school, a bike and lasagna, oh my! : )

Today was Branden's day to go to swim school. The pool is empty waiting for the kids to enter, meanwhile they are doing exercises to warm up first.

You see that blue cap half under water? That's Branden. See the arm floaties along the side of the pool? He's swimming it without the floaties. And he's showing he can hold his air under water for at least 10-15 seconds. They will work their way up to a longer time. The little girl tested like that after Branden did and she did wonderfully!

Here is the sensei and the cute little girl and Branden. They learned the proper technique of using a small board today. In this pic Branden wasn't using it correctly. You know Branden was born in Hawaii, right? So he grew up around the water. We always call him our little aloha boy or our little surfer boy. However in truth, we plan to send Branden and also Noah to university in Honolulu. If Branden and Noah wanted to, they could be able to get part time jobs as life guards on the beaches there, maybe even Waikiki, just for some extra spending cash for them. So for us anyway, their skills at swimming should be sharp. Also most of you know Noboru and his friends used to surf daily in Honolulu when we lived there. He also boogie boarded as well. Noboru's an excellent swimmer and he wants to enjoy those things with the boys. So for us swimming lessons are important. We have two future surfers to join daddy and all his friends. And the thing is Branden loves every minute he gets to spend in the water. Noah does too, he loves the water as well. Noah at age 1 can submerge his head, face down in the water. It scares me, but he keeps doing it in the bath tub! Ha ha ha! Noah has absolutely no fear of the water, neither does Branden. So even though they will be doing univeristy in Honolulu for sure. Even if they didn't want to be life guards, that's fine. However they still need to be strong swimmers, especially with them living in Honolulu for university, it will come in handy and they'll appreciate that they know how to swim for sure!

After swimming class, we went and picked out a bike today. I got the cheapest bike they had. Reason is, it's not my main mode of transportation. I drive a car. This bike is just exercise, so I didn't need a fancy one. We bought a seat for Noah as well. Branden gets to ride his own bike. This pic is without the seat/before Noboru put the seat on.


Here's my bright shiny red bike! Yay! I can't wait to take it out for a spin! But sadly not today since I've got to get dinner started.





Yesterday I made my own marinara sauce, my grandmother's recipe. Today, I made homemade lasagna. All day long, Noboru kept telling me, "oh man I can't wait to eat your lasagna", so I know everyone was waiting for it. After we got back from the bike shop, I made it while Noboru played in the living room with the boys. I also made garlic bread. Oh man! It was so good! I bought my ricotta cheese at Costco the day before. I made enough for dinner tonight and for dinner tomorrow. I am planning to make a salad tomorrow to go along with this as well. I also had Branden take Rumi down a great big serving of lasagna as well. : )
Noah ate a lot, he was covered in sauce and had eaten so much. Branden asked for another serving and got one of course. And Noboru had two servings. : )

We watched the TV show on Japanese TV, channel 12 called TV Tokyo, the show of, I married a foreigner. Today was a great show with two great interesting foreign wives! Today was a good day and a very relaxing night. : )