Monday, August 21, 2006

Driving into the city today : )


Today we headed to Ikea and Costco. Nothing to buy at Ikea except for some dishes. With company coming this week and with us only having a 4 person set, plus one is chipped. We figured it was time. We bought plain white ones. Nothing pretty or anything, just plain. They got sets for 3900 yen and a set for 7000 yen and a set for 12,000 yen. I mention this because, I like that they have sets, that all families can afford and what fits someone's budget best.







This is the main view we have where I live...rice. Yes, fields of bright green rice. I love looking at the view every day. I love the quiet and peace I get from living out in the country side. My mil, always jokes with us, especially since she's in a big city like Osaka. She calls Branden, a country boy! I really don't mind because I wouldn't trade living out here for anything.

There's lot's of old rusty type buildings like this one in Japan. I like them, they got character! : )

We always see the great big jets in the sky. Thank god we can't hear a thing. So we don't get any noise since we don't live that close to the airport, but we do get to see the airplanes way up in the sky and I love that. I always imagine, some happy expat is on that plane going home or coming back to Japan. I am not sure why...maybe because I'm an expat. But I usually smile when I see planes like that. : )

Arriving in the city, lot's of traffic and a whole different view then the green fields of rice that we were just looking at. Ha ha ha! After shopping and getting what we needed done, it was nice to get back home without all the gridlock and traffic. Phew! : )

PS, and not that I'm knocking the city life in Japan I've got lot's of friends who prefer the city, but it really wasn't for me. I loved living in the city in the US or even the burbs. But living in the city in Japan wasn't my cup of tea at all. Always getting stuck in traffic. Guys taking a piss along the street, even though, theres a restroom at any conbini. The smog filled air, the sky that seemed to be permanently gray when living in the city due to smog, etc. I understand the convenience factor, but it just wasn't for us at all.