I wasn't even going to post about this and most of the time I do something like, this I won't post about it at all. Some friends of ours who are really low on money and are having a hard time. They have a 5 month old son. The guy works were my husband works. And they mentioned to a few people that if anyone has any spare kids clothes they would greatly appreciate it.
After I had Branden, I knew, we knew 100% sure, we would have kids in the future, so we saved all our clothes for our future kid, so that we could use them in the future for our own child. However, now that we have Noah we've used them already, and we only might and I say *might* have another child. But chances are, 97% sure, we won't have any other kids. But there is always that hope for a daughter, ha ha ha!
So anyway, a few weeks ago, Noboru mentioned to me during dinner that this family that is having a tough time financially really could use some kids clothes. This tugged my heart a lot! And Noboru as well, which is why he mentioned it. I also figured we might not have kids again. So why not help, it's not like my kids need them still, you know what I mean?
So I went through a great big ol' plastic box of my 6-12 mos clothes. Good stuff, super nice clothes actually! And I got a massive good pile of clothes and washed them. Got them all folded and we made a date for today.
They came to our house to visit. But they mainly came for the clothes! They went through them and couldn't believe it! They were beyond grateful, happy and whatnot. They said thank you, about a bazillion times. I got to see the little boy who they were going to. Honestly? It made my heart feel wickedly great and fantastic! The feeling rocked!
Anyway, just wanted to say for whatever reason, I felt really good today.
Edited to add, recyling clothes aren't just for people in financial situations either. I don't want my post to sound that way at all. I recycle Branden's clothes to Noah. And I gladly would share or recycle them with anyone...whether they needed it or if it was just a kind thing to do for a good friend. My friend Rie-san gave me a sack of clothes for Noah a month ago. Didn't really need them, but I appreciated the hell out of them and the kindness she had to give them. However the family we gave them to today.....really needed them. Such as, their son might go without a winter coat type situation. So in this case it felt good, because it was a different situation.
!->