Saturday, April 22, 2006

What we did on Saturday : )


We ended up going to a shopping mall in Tsukuba, called Crio. It's near our house and this mall rocks! They have GAP, GAP kids and baby GAP! Yippy! The Body Shop and also a Lush! Muji and MORE the whole place is huge! It's the same size as the other mall, I used to go to in Japan a lot (Lalaport), but I think this one is actually closer to where I live now. I'll still go to both, Lalaport and also this one. But this one is *very* nice and it's a brand new mall! So it's sorta cool that now I got *two* cool malls to chose from, depending on my mood or just whichever one I want to go to. I was really happy to make this newest find!

So, we hung out at the mall and did a little shopping. Didn't buy anything major because we really didn't need much except for some patches for Branden's school smock, we bought him some new Thomas patch's. We also bought a nice amount of snacks at Muji. We bought Taco flavor and also cheese flavor tortillas chips, yumm! And some peppered senbai (wowie these are the hottest peppered senbai's we've ever and I do mean *ever* had! these were delicious!), some caramel popcorn and Noboru got some freaky looking squid snacks.

We headed to Starbucks and Noboru got an iced green tea drink and I got my usual caramel machiatto. Then we cruised the town for a bit and ultimately wound up at the Red Lobster for dinner.

Red Lobster in the states in delicious and just the best! However and yes I will be 100% honest in all my reviews on stuff! I absolutely thought Red Lobster in Japan sucked! Here's why!

In the US, you go to Red Lobster and you order an entree and you get either surf or turf, depending on what you ordered. You also get salad and also a side dish with baked potato. You also get those gorgeous cheese bread rolls that are free! However and I do stress however. In Japan, they had no chicken or steak or anything really turf unless you mean the pizza they had available. But no real land animal, hence no turf. Also, we ordered the lobster and guess what it came with? Absolutely nothing! Yup that's right, it came with a big fat zero, nothing, nada, zip! Prices? Outrageous, the lobster was sized from regular, medium and large. And the price range was 3,900, 5,900 or gulp, 7,900! And did I mention no side dishes at all??? I'm sorry but for freaking $40.00! You'd at least think they'd include a damn baked potato, right? Ridiculous! And I am telling you the real truth, no glossy bull here!

What we ordered. We ordered two appetizers, we got the fried calamari and the popcorn shrimp! For our meal, Branden got a kids meal. And we ordered the ebi fry plate, and a margarita pizza, and a lobster! So we ordered a lot! They however did *not* bring our appetizers out first like they were supposed to! They instead brought everything out at once! And so we felt we ordered too much, but in actuality, if they woulda brought out the appetizers out first like they were *supposed* to we wouldn't have had this problem in the first damn place! No free refill\s like at the Outback Steakhouse! And worst part was no side dishes for any meal we ordered! It was a very odd experience and honestly I don't think we will be heading to the Red Lobster in Japan anytime soon! And the bill was nearly 10,000 yen which was nearly $100.00 US. isn't that ridiculous? We will just eat at the Red Lobster in the US, where the food is twice as yummy and where the bill is only half that!

It was late by that time, so we went home. And we got quick showers, no relaxing bath. We watched TV for about 15 minutes, by that time the kids had gone to bed after their showers. And then we also fell asleep! The shopping mall was cool. The meal was iffy! All in all, our Saturday was good though! We were all still happy and we all still had fun!

Edited to add, before we got to the mall, we went Toys r us and bought Branden a new train. And Noah got a blanket holder for using on his stroller. And I also got some things for Branden's obentos, like some Thomas dividers and mini plastic forks for picking up his fruit.