Tuesday, April 11, 2006

We bought our Easter turkey already and then we headed to the Outback!





In the evening of the same day of Branden's opening ceremony we all hopped into the car and jumped onto the highway and headed to Makuhari. We went to Costco first and bought some food and my dad of course bought each boy a toy. However the toys at Costco haven't been updated in ages! And Noah and Branden already have most the toys from there already. So, Branden chose an Incredibles flashlight set and it also included a Buzz Lightyear light as well. I told my dad Noah really didn't need any toy and certainly not a flash light at his age. But he insisted that he has to be fair to both the boys and so he bought Noah a Fisher Price set of animal flash lights. Honestly, Branden already has an animal flashlight, I actually bought it for him when *he* hit age one and lugged it back to Japan with me a couple years ago. His animal flashlight is a lion and it's cool! He played with it until he nearly hit age three and then he got too old to be interested in the animal shaped flashlight, go figure and then he just wanted a regular shaped flashlight (kids!) And we still have the Fisher Price lion flashlight here at the house, but I put it into Noah's toys box, because I knew Branden wasn't interested in it anymore. So anyways, my dad sees the animal shaped flashlight and no matter even if I say, we got one already. He still wanted to buy Noah a flashlight set too. Sigh, ha ha ha. So both boys got a set of flash lights, Branden got the Incredible's and Noah got the animal shaped flashlights.

We also got, a Frito Lay variety case of chips, some stuff for Branden's breakfasts in the mornings when we have yochien, we got microwave pancakes, and Quaker Oats instant hot cereal variety pack with cinnamon roll and banana nut bread flavors and a bunch of other flavors in there as well. Some comfort food for us like black olives and a case of diced tomatoes, for days when I make some homemade spaghetti sauce/gravy. And an assortment pack of Italian style pastas, some are bow tie shapes and some are cork screws and rigatoni or stove pipe style pastas (I can make these for dinners and I can also make Branden a good homestyle Italian bento. Raisins for Branden's bento's. A couple cans of fruit cocktail. Canadian Maple cookies (darn these are good!), Cans of white chicken breast packed in water, because I also am going to start making chicken salad sandwiches for Branden's bento's as well. A giant jar of pickles for snacking on or to go with his grilled cheese sandwich for his bento's. And last but not least, I got three packs of American style bacon because we eat it for breakfast a lot! But I figure I can also send Branden to school with a crispy yummy, BLT in his bento too. I also got a 14 pound turkey because we will have a traditional Easter dinner together as a family on this up coming Easter Sunday! Which means Branden will be taking turkey sandwiches to school next Monday in his bento.

My dad treated for everything at Coscto, I told him, not to and that he was being too generous but he insisted! We all went to the Outback Steakhouse afterwards and we all really pigged out! We ate so much we brought a bunch of leftovers back home with us. We had the bloomin' onion for our appetizer, my dad had the chicken and ribs platter and he added a caesar salad to his order. Noboru had the ribs and also added a caesar salad with his order too, and I had my usual Alice Springs chicken and I figured, what the heck and added a caesar salad with mine as well too. Branden had the chicken fingers and fries, and Noah had food from everyone's plates, ha ha ha!