



We ended up going to a DIY homecenter today. This is the Joyful Honda superstore in Chiba New town. Since we built our new home this year, Noboru's and my biggest hobby is our home. Anywhere from home decorating to landscaping and more. Anyway, we are about to buy ourselves a shed. And we have been looking for one. In a nut shell, we don't want the metal Japanese style one. Don't get me wrong they look nice, but since our home is an imported American house, we wanted something a little more western looking. We found one we like, and it's medium sized not too big and not too small either (my best guestimate is it's about 8-10 tatami mat sized). It's about $3,000 US. So it is quite pricey, but it's a good piece and we figure it'll be a one time buy, so it'll be worth it in the end.
Anyway we have an appointment with the Joyful Honda people and they are coming to our home this Friday in the *early* morning. (since we also have afternoon/evening plans already made on this coming Friday) To take a look at the back yard and give us our complete estimate (including installation and foundation that needs to be laid down as well) and then we will be ordering it. It should take us about 2 weeks for it to get here and installed. It looks like a mini log cabin sorta, sorry I'm horrible at describing what it looks like, but it's gonna be cute, we even get to choose the color of roof and color of the actual log cabin shed itself. Even though my description doesn't do it justice, it really is a cute shed. : )
Noboru also bought 4 bags of dirt/soil. And some bricks for the front yard. So basically we spent the entire day at the "Do it yourself " /DIY homecenter. And since there is a grocery store there as well, we also picked up a weeks worth of groceries.
We went home and I made curry udon for dinner. We had a very nice laid back Sunday.
Pics are of the curry udon dinner I made on Sunday night. I made one mistake though, that I will tell you openly. I bought curry *udon* base or roux when I shoulda just used what I normally use. The flavor came out sweet and mild, but since my husband and I don't care for mild curry *at all*, I knew I had to make some changes to spice it up. I even gave my husband a taste of the sweet mild curry flavor and he said and I quote, it tastes bland and like curry they'd give you in the hospital. My husband and I like our curry with a kick and a punch! Some flavor, again, not to burn our mouth's off or anything, but yes we do like some flavor other then just bland mild curry. So I won't make the same mistake twice and I won't buy the "real" curry *specially for udon* ever again. From now on I will just buy the regular curry roux, I usually buy when I make our curry for curry and rice. I ended up turning off the stove and driving to the convenience store and buying a "normal" or standrad regular curry and added it for hotness and it tasted way better after I did that. Phew!
I just got my skinless boneless chicken breasts and cut them up and fried them in some olive oil. Meanwhile I browned a small onion in a pan all by itself. After the chicken browned and cooked, I threw in the veggies which consisted of potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and the already cooked onions. Boiled that up until the potatoes got a bit soft (not obliterated), then added my curry. Errr this is when I realized the curry tasted like super bland nothing! Hopped in the car with my sons, grabbed a normal curry (my husband was doing yard work which is why I didn't leave the kids with him or I would have). Hopped back home and then it tasted beyond delicious! I boiled the udon noodles a bit by themselves in some hot boiling water. And presto chango! Dinner was done. Sorry I don't have a special udon bowl or anything fancy like that. I just use the same bowls we've been using for ages and and yes, I got them at the daiso! Ha ha ha! But I must say, our meal was so yummy! The mild curry before I added the hotter curry, I took a big heap of that out for both the boys and so they had a real nice mild curry udon complete with noodles and chicken and veggies. Meanwhile Noboru and I enjoyed a spicy hot curry udon! It was fun watching both the boys slurp and enjoy their yummy homemade curry udon that mommy made especially for them!