Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wonderful days spent at home





Yesterday was a peaceful day at home. With the exception of Noah once again waking me up at 7:00 am in the morning. I cleaned house for a bit and made curry for dinner. Noboru came home from work and went straight to the front yard work. He is obsessed with yard work and grass growing these days! Seriously he has been reading so many online websites about it so much (the Japan based sites only though) that I barely get computer time these day. He's also planning to buy another motorcycle soon, so he has been scouring the Yahoo.jp auctions sites every single day.

Anyway, so I made dinner, and we all ate. Noah couldn't share regular dinner with us, since curry would be much too spicy for him, so I gave him a baby niku jaga jar of baby food. And a slice of buttered toast that I cut up in small tiny bits and pieces. Both the boys fell asleep rather early. And I sat watching American Idol on TV in the living room, meanwhile Noboru sat and surfed the web for more lawn and landscaping websites and the search for his motorcycle continued. He finally finished and came and sat with me and we watched the second hour of American Idol together. We sat together trash talking the bad singers and praising the good singers, getting *really* into the program as usual, while snacking on some popcorn. I even jumped up and cheered, when a few of my picks made it to the next round! Noboru laughed at me, but he also cheered for a few people *he* wanted to win too.! Ha ha ha, just your average typical husband and wife spending time together type night , I guess.

This morning, I was once again woken up by Noah bright at early at 7:00 am. Oh man! This has gotta stop, it's killing me! Then Noah woke up Branden and I had two guys wide awake (N was already at work). I changed my pj's to my regular day time clothes. And I went downstairs. This morning, I had undereye bags the size of your typical standard pillow, I'm not kidding. I am *not* a morning person at all whatsoever. Yesterday morning I made crispy bacon and eggs and toast for the boys. But this morning, ugh forget it! I grabbed a box of cereal and the carton of milk and somehow managed to get it into a bowl. Branden had cereal and some apple juice and a slice of toast. Noah had a handful of cheerios and some mashed up banana that I mashed for him. I had nothing, I just had hot strong coffee. I sat staring off into space, at the kitchen table while the boys ate. I think half my brain was still asleep. A couple cups of hot coffee later and I began to feel a bit better.

Branden watched some cartoons, some Disney and some Nickelodeon ones. Noah played with his activity table and crawled all over the place downstairs, he is getting so fast with his crawling. He crawls from the kitchen to the living room, like you wouldn't believe it!

For lunch, Branden and I had leftover curry. Noah had a jar of apples and grilled cheese sandwich that I chopped into the tiniest pieces you ever did see! He only had a handful of pieces and the rest Branden and I munched on while we ate the curry. After lunch Branden got on his bike and went out in the back yard. He played out there forever it seems (about 2 hours) I kept checking on him and sure enough, he was back there but he was just having fun. I even opened the sliding glass door and said, "you ready to come in now?" no way, he said. I figured he could be getting hungry again. You know isn't that so typically Italian? Always thinking your kids are hungry and starving when they clearly aren't? And when guests come, I can't wait to pounce on them and stuff them to the gills. Haven't taken a bite in the last 3 minutes? Hmm, you surely must be starving again, let me fix you something else, some other dish completely! Ha ha ha. See the insanity of it all? So yeah, I was certain Branden was dying of starvation out there, even though he had a nice big lunch earlier. So, I fixed him and Noah a plate of snacks. Nothing fancy at all and sorry the pic won't even look remotely fancy, I figured it was just my kids and no one else, so I didn't fix the plate to impress anyone at all, sorry but that's so typically me, I just don't make meals to impress, I make simple good tasting food, I'll leave the impressing for someone else but it ain't my thing lol. I fixed just some cheese and crackers and peanut butter celery sticks and some pineapple rings. I brought out a fork for Branden to eat the pineapple with. Noah had a cracker and a tiny piece of cheese and a tiny piece of pineapple. Branden ate everything, cheese and crackers and celery sticks with peanut butter and pineapple. Then he went outside again right after he ate. And Noah feel asleep after their snack. I wanna take a nap, but I know I can't now, because there's not enough time (Noboru will get off at 4:00 pm and we only live 20 minutes away lol), I gotta get dinner prepped. I'm making ebi chili tonight, which means I gotta get my tempura mix out pretty soon. Sigh, I have just been pretty tired lately with the waking up at 7:00 am stuff ha ha ha. Hopefully something good comes on TV tonight. : )

The pics are of, our curry lunch from today. My boys snack plate (the after lunch, but not quite dinner time snack, lol), Branden playing out in the backyard (you can see our satellite dish on our fence in the background, I think, because N wouldn't hear of it getting attached to the house, lol), and a pic of the Thomas plate and cup Branden got a couple days ago.