Wednesday, February 08, 2006

We're going to Osaka next week

We are going to Osaka on February 13th or 14th. We are only staying one night. We are going there for two reasons. First reason is that we have never introduced Noah to his entire family yet. So while my mother in law and sil and bil have all seen Noah the rest of the family has yet to meet him. Also, my bil Jun is getting married April 6th or 7th (pretty soon) and I have to get fitted for some wedding stuff. According to my mil she wants her and Kaori and me and also Jun's new wife to all be wearing new hand made kimono's. So I have to go to Osaka and pick out the material and colors I want and it takes a while to get made, so that's the other reason we have to go to Osaka. It's my mother in laws treat for us 4 ladies. And Kaori already picked hers and got it made. Mitsuko got hers made too. And Jun's wife went to Osaka and got hers made already as well. I'm the only one who has put it off to the last minute! Ha ha ha. So that's the second and final reason we are going to Osaka.

Other then that. We've had *a lot* of company and visitors to our house lately.

Also, I'm going to be getting my hair done in a couple days. I'm hoping to get it done before we leave to Osaka. More then likely, I'll get it done this Sunday. I'm getting just the usual, Japanese ionic straight perm. I've been getting this done for about geeze, way before Branden was even born. Hmm, maybe about the last 6 or 7 years? Anyway I've been getting it done for ages. It makes your hair smooth and sleek and straight as a pin and so silky. I haven't got it done since August and I need it done before the wedding in April, but I also know I'm going to Denver and will be super busy, so it's best to get it done now that I have the time and chance to do it!

As for my hair length, hmmm. I'm mulling it over at the moment. Sometimes I think I want to just keep it all one length and straight and simple the way I have it now, but once in a while I get a wild hair up my booty and I think maybe I should just chop it off to shoulder length and start fresh (still keep it super straight of course though)? Or get a bunch of choppy layers. Then I do it and I regret it! Doh! So, right now I'm flip flopping with the ideas. I still have a day or two to decide. And for the record, I just have mildly wavy hair to begin with, but being western or of European descent, my hair is not made for the humidity of Japan and my hair turns to total frizz and this is the only thing that makes it easy and manageable for me living in Japan.

Nothing else going on. We're just settling into our new life here at the new house. Noboru was in the dog house, briefly for not helping me as much as he should with both the boys. But he is being helpful again.

I'm making cream stew for dinner tonight.

I miss all of you and hopefully I'll be seeing you all real soon in a couple weeks : )