Monday, February 27, 2006

A visit from grandma and Noboru's new scooter.

My mil came to visit us for the day. She flew to Narita from Osaka. She spent the entire day here. All was peaceful.

She arrived at 9:00 am. And stayed until 3:00 pm. She looked around the house. She had lunch here, we all had sandwiches that I prepared. We sat in the dining room. Then she played out in the back yard with Branden as he rode his bike. Truly only a grandparent would think, how much fun it is to watch their grandchild go round and round all through the yard *that* many times. Noah is very afraid and shy around her (his age, it'll pass we know). Actually the minute he sees her or hears her voice, he starts sobbing away like crazy. He's just at that stage where he is afraid of strangers, I guess. She also brought us some yummy food for us. She brought karaage and potato salad, kimchee (daikon, cucumber and chinese cabbage, three different kimchees) and sushi for Noboru. And 2 summer blankets for the boys. She swears these soak up sweat, when they sleep? I'm not sure, but that's what she says. She also told me if I wanted, I could lay them on the wood floor so the boys can have a play area. So, I might actually use these blankets, who knows. Last but not least, she brought my dress. And she brought Branden's tuxedo, that he needs for the wedding. Branden is going to be the ring bearer, for uncle Jun's wedding. Yui-chan will be the flower girl. Jun asked Noboru if it would be okay, if Branden was the ring boy and he said yes. Noboru asked me and I said, it's absolutely fine with me too.

We dropped her off a bit early because we had to go to the Suzuki dealership. Yup, Noboru gave up on the yahoo auctions. He tried to bid on two different motorcycles and got outbid both times. So he figured, he would just buy himself a brand new scooter instead, since his commute will only be 20 minutes from our house. Plus he got a rather big scooter, not the tiny 50 cc ones but a nice sized bigger kind, a 125 cc one. So he will be able to zip back and forth quite easily. He's on cloud nine. He says he has never owned or bought a brand *new* motorcycle or scooter before. He's only ever owned used ones. So he is really happy and he gets to pick it up tomorrow after 3:00 pm.

What else? I went to the baby bunny store (nishimatsuya) and picked up a few things for the kids. Bought Noah, two pairs of sweat pants type house pants. Cheap ones (like 500 yen each but they were really cute too) And I bought Branden some new undies. He needed a bigger size now, 110 cm. I bought him a few packs of Buzz Light Year and a couple Thomas the Tank Engine ones. I also bought him two Thomas short sleeved T shirts for this upcoming spring and summer season, he's 120 cm for tops now. I bought them because I know he has, nice going out someplace sorta clothes. But he also has cheap priced, clothes that he wears at home only too. Stuff he can cruise around in the back yard in and just hang out. And I won't freak out and bust a blood vessel in my head, if he gets food or mud or whatever on his house clothes. I also bought him a cheap pair of Thomas slip on type sneakers. I usually only buy him name brand sneakers. And I don't mind him wearing them out for school or whatever. But I think it's ridiculous that he makes them so dirty playing in the backyard. His shoes get hammered! Totally dirty and beat to shreds by his heavy playing out in the backyard. I decided, the other day, if he has cheap house, play type clothes, why doesn't he got a cheap pair of sneakers, he came play in the back yard with too? Duh! Lightning moment. So, for only 900 yen, I got him a pair of Thomas sneakers in 17 cm. That way, he can beat them to shreds and I won't care and he will only be playing around the house in the backyard anyway. Ha ha ha, now that I said this, watch! He will want to where them *everywhere*, now huh?