Monday, February 20, 2006

Our morning at Costco : )





Monday, we went to Costco. I forgot the list I made at home, which was totally dumb of me! We jumped on the highway and got to Makuhari in absolutely, no time.

We got there before 11:00 am. And on a weekday nonetheless and would you believe the store was already jammed packed? Unbelievable! Didn't get anything rip roaringly fabulous. Just got each boy a toy. The boys managed to come back from Osaka with a good deal of cash and I keep it safely tucked away for them but, I decided to let them each get a new toy since they usually don't get too many toys unless it's Christmas or a birthday.Noah got a Learning Table, by Leap Frog. Basically it's an activity table that plays music and sings the ABC's and it lights up all colorful and stuff, it's actually really nice and Noah has been playing with it since we bought it, it certainly keeps him entertained. Branden got a toy by Playskool, called a Bull's eye bounce and roll. I saw the commercial's for this when I was in Denver in August and wanted to get it for Branden but I didn't have any luggage room for it, so I didn't buy it. I saw commercials for it in Guam over Christmas,as but they were out of stock. I saw this and I knew he'd like it and I loved skeeball when I was growing up, so we got this for him. Actually Noboru and I play this as much as Branden does, the only thing I dislike is the volume seems a bit loud!

From my memory, some of the things we got were, celery (bought this for making peanut butter celery sticks, this is the only way I can trick Branden into eating celery and I love it too....Noboru hates celery btw), got two packs of American bacon, chicken parmesan from the deli, a case of Kirkland soda (ok I think we all know what a cheapo I am), and got a gigantic caramel apple pie from the bakery, Cascade dishwasher liquid (I seriously don't need another, since I got one bottle and one powder, but I thought might as well btw, I like the liquid much better), an enormous amount of 2 ply toilet paper, Kleenex, and Orange clean and something even called Kaboom? LOL, it's supposed to be for your bathtub and shower and sink, I will try it out, who knows!

We had lunch at Costco and then we got into the car and instead of jumping onto the highway and being home shortly, we figured we might as well, drive the regular roads and hit the Marui grocery store, since we were fairly close to where we used to live anyway. So yup, that's what we did.....

I will continue this in a second post....

PS, I also looked at the BBQ's, at Costco too, we are going to be buying one very soon. We don't want a gas one. Only because they don't make the food taste any different then a indoor stove. Anyone who's ever had "real" BBQ, and tasted that mesquite type flavor, knows what I mean. A gas grill? Heck, you might as well, roll your regular stove outside because the taste will be no different. Growing up, my mom always had to have a gas grill because it was fancier. Ha ha ha. Sorry mom! But I always agreed with my dad, the charcoal grill maybe not as fancy but it just tastes better. Ha ha ha, so yup, we are on a search for a good charcoal grill. I did find one I liked at Costco.