Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Tuesday




We went to see the house today. We went because regardless if we want to or not, going to the new place every week makes sure that we know that the workers are doing everything correctly. Also, it lets them know that the owners are not some dumbasses and they can't get away with murder in the house. It sorta let's them know we can show up, at any given time. We are of course always nice, polite and even provide them drinks and stuff which we know other homeowners, don't do for them. But, we also know this will be our biggest lifetime purchase, we will *ever* make and even though it gets tiring going there each and every week. It is in the end worth it.

So, we went there again. And this was the first time, I got to see the back terrace finally done. What do I think? Wow! It looks so gorgeous! We did pick the right color, right everything. And it's non skid, so even if the boys have wet feet from playing in a small pool we may set up in the summer time, they won't wipe out on the tiling. So that's nice. The gold lighting was all installed back there as well. It was really nice to finally see it all done. I will love the backyard even more, once we grow our grass.

The bathroom sink was getting put in the day we got there. So no pics of that yet.

Noboru put our gold tone address numbers onto our house. Since it's our own house and given the fact it's brand new, he seriously practically almost busted a blood vessel in his head, shooting for perfection, practically drove him nuts. He said, how it had to be perfect and how he better do a good job, gosh he got himself all worked up, you guys should have seen it (it really was a site, lol)! He even got tape to mark precisely where the numbers should go and measured them out with a measuring tape. To make sure each number is correctly spaced and blah blah blah. This was his project and since I didn't care so much about this at all, I stayed in the house. I looked out afterwards and ohhhed and awed his handy work though, lol. But, I guess it's sorta cute that he is *so* into doing a good job.

He also put together the mailbox. It isn't going into the ground yet because he is going to make sure the base will be set with concrete. So, after he made the mailbox, he was going to put the metal mail box on my kitchen/dining room floor. I got my hackles up because I said, "no way, outta the question"! I suggested he leave it on the front porch but he is certain someone will steal our mailbox! (rolling my eyes) I don't think so at all. But it bothered him a lot! So that was outta the question. Then I suggested leaving it in the car and again he had some reason for that too! He again tried to put it into my kitchen. I said, hell no! Finally he gave up and he left it on the floor of the genkan. I guess that's where it is still as we speak!

I was thinking of my feelings on this house and trying to think of a good comparison the other day. This is just like when you're pregnant and you finally reached your ninth month and by this time, all you want is for it to be over! Get it done already type attitude. Same here! For well, over 16 month's we have been busy with this house. In some way or the other. And I am exhausted with it all. I am now at the point where I just want it all to be over with! I want to be moved! And be settled already! I'm over it! I'm done with it! We have just about 8 days left in this old house. And honestly the past week has gone so slowly it's like time is standing still! I wish we could just speed up this next week.

I know I will be having to deal with the hook up stage next. The phone guy hooking us up, the fridge guy delivering the fridge and hooking it up. The satellite guy coming and hooking it up. Sigh! Ahhhhh! I just wanna be done with it all! Maybe it's because I got PMS, and I am a grouch right now. But, seriously I just want this all just to be done already.