Saturday, December 03, 2005




Yesterday I forgot to add that we got two boxes delivered to us. One box came from my dad. Hi daddy! : ) It was some stuff that I had bought for the boys and asked my dad to ship it here. Thanks dad, we got the box! I know you emailed me telling me you sent us two more boxes of stuff of which, I have no idea what's in those. Ha ha ha, so I look forward to those! I love you dad! And I sent your Christmas stuff on Friday after I went to the doctor. Let me know when you get your stuff! And no peeking until Christmas! : )

We also got a box of food that my mil had sent to us. For whatever bad qualities my mil may possess, one of the good things about my mil is that she sends good food care packages! She sent us her usual karaage and homemade potato salad. I am glad she sends us food care packages about once a month! And I actually look forward to eating her karaage and potato salad. The karaage she sent us was about 2 pounds! So, I ended up freezing half of it, so we can have some later in the month if we want. She also sent oden for Noboru. My god! I belong to a group of foreign women and last week some were talking about how gross this stuff is! And yes, my god this stuff is absolutely the worst! I took a picture of the offending food/soup whatever! And the smell is so absolutely revolting! And since, I had the stomach flu and felt a bit queasy anyways! I asked Noboru to please eat the offending oden in the kitchen, which since N is a sweetheart, he obliged me! I felt badly asking, but with my tummy being so upset lately, that smell just threw me for a loop! One piece of it actually looked like a piece of granite tiling! And I swear I don't even know what it was! Yuck! And another piece sorta looked like a boiled penis! (shuddering just thinking about it!) but N assured me it was tofu? Hmmmmm! I hope he never eats this crap again! Or at least not near me! Ha ha ha.

She also sent other things, that looked unusual but nothing as comparably scary as the oden! And she also sent us a huge lot of mikans. My mil is coming to Chiba for Branden's Christmas recital that's this coming week! She will be getting here on Friday and staying the night and will watch the recital on Saturday and fly back to Osaka on Saturday evening. She will be flying in from Seoul to Narita directly. My mil is going to Seoul because she goes there once a month for her monthly esthe (skincare treatments and spa treatments lol) and to buy huge amounts of chili pepper for her bento shops.