Friday, December 23, 2005

some of the toiletries we picked up....







Toiletries: I bought a humongous bottle of Pantene shampoo and conditioner. Only because we were almost out of it at our house in Japan and plus in Japan, it's like 1000 yen each bottle. Or for my US family, $10.00 US. And at Kmart, it was on sale for $5.00 US, each bottle, so I figured it was cheaper to just buy in Guam. Also bought 2 Dove deodorants in the Original soap scent, because I love the way Dove smells and this deodorant rocks! And got 1 Kmart brand of Listerine type mouth wash, why? Because the Listerine in the US was $6.00. And in Japan, it's even worse....like 1500 yen! So I figured since we were out, I'd be crazy not to buy it for only $2.99. Plus, 4 adult Colgate tooth brushes for Noboru and I (I stocked up a a pinch). And got dental floss and yet another bottle of Tums.

For Branden: one Colgate watermelon toothpaste for Branden. One bottle of Kmart brand, liquid children's ibuprofin (like kids liquid advil) it's a fever reducer and pain reliever. And I also got him Children's Robetussein. And Flinstone's vitamins. And a bottle of Suave kids shampoo, I still got 3 bottles of the L'oreal kids shampoo I bought this August in Denver, so I didn't really need it but I figured I might stock up a bit especially since *both* my boys use this!

For Noah: he got 1 bottle of Kmart infants liquid ibuprofin, which is again same as infants advil, which I also have a bottle of the infants Advil anyways that I have stocked up. It's just a fever reducer and pain reliver for infants. I also bought him, 2 big packs of scented baby wipes. Now, my reasoning for this is. Japanese wipes are honestly half the overall size wipes! Also Japanese wipes are like beyond paper thin! Where as American wipes are nicer and thicker, think along the lines of 2 ply paper for your babies butt! Also, the non scented ones are just basally water with cloth. Sorry to say it, but all babies who poo and pee and their mommy's, if they aren't lying know pee and poo smells awful. And sometimes water ain't gonna cut it! The scented ones, I think are better, because they got like a light cleansing agent on them, they clean better and the scent is NOT like a perfume! It's like a light soapy scent that goes away and all you end up smelling, is just a clean baby tooshie! So, no I won't change my mind...and I may be cheap with some things and cut corners with some stuff...but *not* with baby wipes! My friends may shake their heads at me for being so adament about my wipes, but I frankly don't care! I like what I like, so be it! I know what's good and I know what's crap and Japanese baby wipes are crap : ) Alright, I can be finicky about one thing, right?

Okay, one more thing I am finicky about is my Dove products. Now, I was a Dove baby growing up. I know many Americans know, the term "Ivory baby" because many babies used that soap. But, my mom always used Dove. The smell is so ingraind on my brain most likely. It smells so familiar and like home to me. That's the smell, I've sniffed and hold memories for the 33 years, I've been alive and it will probably never change. When I was given my baby pamphlet at the hosipital in Hawaii when I was pregnant with Branden. I was *not* surprised they recommended, all new moms to use Dove on their infants delicate skin! No wonder! It's gentle, the scent is so soft and not in your face! It is what *clean* smells like to me! Bare none! And I *know* I can't be the only one in America who feels the same way because now a days, we even got deodorant in that same scent now and everything. That scent really is the ultimate best. When I moved to Japan, I was so grossed out by the Dove bars of soap they sell in Japan. The scent is like strong perfume! Very over powering! I do like the Dove face wash in the tube that they sell in Japan. And the shampoo and conditoner in Japan are okay. But the body products in Japan suck! Also, call me crazy for buying it since I know I hate it, but I bought a liquid Dove body soap back in November. And I am always truthful and totally honest even if it's right or wrong to say but that Dove liquid body wash wreaked total havoc on me and the boys! Noah came down with 5 dry patches on his body where his skin was just totally dried out! No doubt it was that super overly fragranced stuff! It was so drying, it even managed to dry Branden's skin out and his knee caps looked ashy for weeks! And I hate to admit this but, I washed my private areas with the Japanese Dove liquid soap and all I can say is, Yeouch! It burned! I got super angry, I paid 1200 yen for that crap! I will never buy Japanese dove body soap whether it be liquid or bars! I hate that stuff! It's worse then nail polish remover! It's just too harsh! Okay, my Dove Japanese liquid body wash and bar soap rant is now over, I promise! : )

So, I stocked up and bought myself 2 Dove deodorants in the scent, I love. And I bought 2 bars of Dove soap (I had to have my family send me a few bars also because of that terrible Japanese Dove liquid body wash fiasco) and I bought the gentle American Dove body wash in Guam instead! It is gentle on my infant and gentle on my toddler and yes even gentle on my private parts (hiding behind the couch now after I admit that, lol)