Yesterday we went to Costco and Tokyo Interiors as planned. But we did sleep in late until about 10:00 am first though and that was awesome! And yup both the boys slept in that late too!
Costco: Going to Costco on the weekends sucks here in Japan, because it is so freaking busy you wouldn't even believe how busy it is! Think along the lines of not even being able to maneuver your cart! And having your cart stuck in traffic in the store lol (with the other carts). We grabbed what we needed to and left right away! We did get a rotisserie chicken though for our dinner last night! We also got 2 dozens of tortillas (because, if you remember I mentioned those quesadillas at Tony Romas the other day ...so I thought I might try and make some of my own lol), and liquid laundry detergent and toilet paper and a few things for the boys and that was it. We left like under 30 minutes of getting there. We just didn't want to be in there because it was just uncomfortably too crowded. On the weekends at Costco people and families from way way far away drive to Costco. And I am talking about people from the mountains or people from like 2 hours away type stuff! We read the license plates while we park since it says where the car is from. And Noboru always says....they drove all the way from, such and such??? LOL! So yeah that is one reason why weekends are a total nightmare in Makuhari. As much as I try to avoid going there on the weekends sometimes it's still unavoidable.
Tokyo Interiors. Now to be fair I will preface this and say that this place, has probably got the best selection of furniture in the entire Chiba area. *Way* way way better then that stupid Room Deco in Makuhari Messe. I swear Room Deco will probably go out of business, now that Tokyo Interiors is in business! Okay so that being said. We didn't see anything we liked for our house! The place has only Japanese sized furniture, which is understandable since this is Japan, lol. But since we will have a big American house, we actually need big American furniture too. So, I did like Tokyo Interiors, but not necessarily for us or our house though. Noboru absolutely hated this place! And he said... *some* of the stuff looks sorta American but it's sorta off! And then he said...he won't be happy, until we just ship our own couches here ourselves from the US. Sigh, so I think we will ultimately end up getting our couch from America. Oh well, we tried! : )
We all went home by 5:30 or 6:00 pm. And we all watched TV and ate rotisserie chicken and rice and green beans. And N had miso soup. Nice that dinner was sorta premade and I didn't have to do much cooking wise except boil green beans and warm up the chicken, since the rice was made in the morning. And we had snacks as usual afterwards while watching TV (ice-cream actually last night). It was a nice relaxing night last night.