


Today Branden didn't have school today. He didn't have school because his Christmas program was on Saturday, so they consider that as "going to school" so therefore school was closed on Monday, so the kids would have 2 days off. Nice huh? So, we all slept in until around 9:30 am this morning. Again it was nice not to have to wake up as ridiculously early as we have to, like on our regular weekdays.
I wrote up my shopping list last night, and this morning I was ready! Yes, I know...I know! I probably should be ashamed, to actually be this well structured, as to have my weekly meals planned out! LOL. I guess, I'm guilty! But in my defense I find, this totally saves me money! And it saves me a hell of a lot of time! If I sit and think for about 20 minutes, I can probably come up with delicious meals for the whole week. And then I go and buy all the things needed for that particular week and my whole weeks worth of dinners become a total "no brainer" because I don't have to sit and ponder every single day...."what should I make for dinner tonight"? Since I already got it all planned out beforehand ykwim? So this really saves my grocery bill and it saves me time!
Okay, this week, I'm making Steak and garlic shrimp (making this tomorrow) and chicken teriyaki (making this tonight), and also going to fry up some American style breaded and fried pork chops and will be making homemade au gratin potatoes to go with that! And also will be making chicken parmesan with a side of spaghetti. I make this wonderful homemade Italian dish myself, sometimes I buy the Costco one and it is quite good too but mine is better lol, so it depends, really if I feel up to it I make my own and if I feel lazy I run to Costco, lol this week though I'm making my own. It tastes absolutely heavenly, if I don't say so myself! So that's it so far. I only got 4 or 5 meals planned out. And since I knew chicken was on sale today according to the flier I got a few days ago, that's why this week we are eating more chicken things. Maybe next week will be more pork or more beef, who knows : )
I'll be going back to the store in about 5 days from now to pick up more food. Ha ha ha.
I also got a bunch of drinks. Apple juices and iced teas and milks. Lot's of milk and I actually have to buy 6 mini cartons of milk every 2 days because Branden drinks so much milk and I'm not complaining because he needs the calcium....all kids do! And also a big milk for his cereals.
I basically got all stuff for our breakfasts this week, all lunch things for this week. And all dinner things for this week. I also got snacks! I like my house to have plenty of snack stuff! Snacks to watch DVD's with or rental movies with or just regular cable TV shows, like the other night, when we watched the Wizard of Oz on Disney. So, this house always has fun snacks and things to munch on. Some houses never have yummy snacks and I always feel so bad for the poor kids growing up in those houses. LOL. Besides as long as my kids, eat good proper well balanced meals. I see no harm of having a light snack after bath time and watching TV with the family.
I also went to the baby bunny store to buy baby senbai for Noah. Then I ran to the 100 yen store to pick up these bath tablets, I have been using. They are 3 for 100 yen and I buy 6 every week. Because they are cheap and really nice! And my boys, like soaking in the tub with them too. And even though Noboru won't admit it...he likes these bath tablets as well. Sssshhhh don't tell his secret! LOL. The guys at work would laugh at him if they knew, he liked a good soaking with a bath tablet, ha ha ha!
I also better add that, I didn't show pics of everything bought at the store, obviously! Like I actually bought a ton of fresh veggies. Also stuff like frozen veggies. Sodas and easy lunch things like ramens and stuff. So, we did get way more then even pictured! This just gives you a tiny idea of just some of the things me and the boys went and bought today.