Thursday, December 29, 2005

the dining room





Here's pics of the dining room. I guess I should have shot it at a different angle to show the whole dining room, huh? LOL. But this at least gives you all some idea of the dining and kitchen at least. Good points are you can see the 1 big window and also the sliding glass door for the dining room, so we got 2 big windows in the dining area, which means lot's of sunshine and light, which is always nice. Plus don't forget the other 2 kitchen windows, so the entire dining/kitchen area has 4 windows. The actual whole house has about 20 or 22 windows in it total. So, we will get plenty of sunshine.

Also, I like that when we were deciding which way to face the kitchen and counters versus the backyard, we made our counter *facing* the patio and backyard, so I can keep an eye on our kids while I am chopping or prepping dinner. This is one of the reasons we decided to face it that way to begin with and now that it's actually done, and we look at it...we realize we made the right choice. That easyness (is this even a word?) of being able to keep an eye, on what's going on in the back yard and if the kids are okay and stuff, gives me peace of mind. Because if my kitchen was facing the opposite way, I'd be constantly turning around or walking through the house with chicken/salmonella hands or whatever I was chopping at the time, yk. This way, I don't gotta drip food bits everywhere while looking out the window because the counter is facing the right/correct way to begin with.