Thursday, December 07, 2017

Spiral ham bought for Christmas dinner already. Made 2 different types of cookie dough today. Baked one type of cookie today and tomorrow it will be Christmas cookie baking time...

A pic from last Friday nights supper. I made just a simple American dinner last Friday, December 1st. I made cheesy corkscrew pasta, enough for 4 people, plus extra servings for Bran and Noboru. Steamed broccoli and buffalo fried chicken breasts. I used 3 large chicken breasts, 1 for each of us. But because they were so thick, I sliced them in half, width-wise. Because we love a thinner piece of chicken. So while it looks like 2 pieces of buffalo fried chicken...in reality it was just 1 huge chicken breast sliced in half. So it would be thinner. Noboru, I know prefers dark meat and thighs are his fave, so I fried him up some buffalo fried chicken too, but I made his a thigh. And he actually got 2 thighs. Last Friday, everyone was happy the weekend was here and it was nice for everyone to come home and we could all just eat and relax. 

6:21am. I am always driving my high schooler to the train station at this time. All toasty warm in my car. A full tummy for my son...full with breakfast and a packed lunch made by me. And I am always there to pick up both my sons after school too. Both at the train station and elementary school every day after school. : ) I never mind. This particular morning it was so foggy. Actually quite a few mornings lately have been super hella foggy. And like my car says in this pic, it was 4C that day. That's 39 degrees F for us Americans. And this morning/today it was actually minus 1 Celsius during our drive to the train station. Which is 30 degrees F for us Americans. This morning was icy. Thank goodnes my car has the technology that it's set to preheat for me during the school week, before I even leave my house, my car is preheated and warm and waiting for me to drive my son. And I set and control when it turns on by my cell phone, so I don't even have to leave my house. So by the time Bran and I get into our car, the windshields are all melted and defogged. And the inside of the car is all toasty warm. Phew. But seriously...it is so creepy driving through all this intense fog.

Yesterday, Thursday, December 7th. I went to get the spiral sliced Christmas ham at Costco. Do a little shopping at Costco. I was at Costco waiting at 10am. And I went to Joyful Honda/Japan Meat first at 9am, I was actually in Inzai by 9am and then went immediately to Besia after Japan Meat. As usual for me. I shopped in 3 stores and had my weekly menu/grocery list written. Everything needed for the next 7 days written down. Like literally to a T. I bought a huge amount of meat at Japan meat. Stuff for pot roast, nabe, green chili again (love it), chicken parmesan. A whole bunch of stuff. Talked to my fellow foreign wife friend who is now working at Costco. We don't get to chat too long... but we always try to chat for a good couple minutes to catch up. Because of my list, I only spent about 20 minutes in Joyful Honda and Besia is smack dab right next to Costco. So, I was on my way home by 10:40am after shopping in the 3 stores. I never need longer than 30 minutes in Costco.What did I buy at Costco?  Spiral ham for Christmas. 100% ground beef for taco night (Noah, omg he loves taco night so much) and enchiladas. You see that butter that's in a 2-pack, between the ham and cups. Christmas means...it's cookie baking season for us Americans, so I had to get real butter for the cookies. A rotisserie chicken we had that... for dinner last night. Huge amount of red plastic cups. Not sure if you can see the laundry soap underneath the cart? 

Black pepper. Case of eggs. 

Hello laundry soap. 

Tortillas in front of the pizzas that are in the freezer now. 4 cheese pizzas are now in the freezer at home too. Thank goodness for having a huge amount of freezer space. For the ham, plus the pizzas and tons of meat from Japan Meat/Joyful Honda. Not sure if you can see the cheese under the eggs? 

Disposable cups. Just make my life easier. 

240 cups, yes and thank you.
Mozzarella and red cheddar. I prefer buy American brand cheese. Chalk that up to personal preference. I buy what's familiar. But my store was sold out totally. @_@ And so I bought this. Like I said, chicken pamesan is coming soon so needed mozzarella. And enchiladas and pork green chili are coming soon too. According to the backs of these, the red cheddar is from America and the mozzarella is actually from Germany. 

This morning as soon as I sent both boys to school. I made chocolate chip walnut cookie dough. And Christmas cookie dough too. I baked the chocolate chip cookies this morning after I finished cleaning the house and throwing everyone's towels in the dryer as soon as they finished washing. The Christmas cookies the kids and I can bake tomorrow.  

So today...as soon as the kids get home from school. They will see some homemade from scratch cookies waiting.

These cookies will be gobbled up as soon as Branden and Noah get home. Noboru is home today and tomorrow. And he had a cookie already. : ) 
It is a super cold day outside. Gray, cloudy and just bitterly cold outside. What's for dinner tonight? Friday night dinner tonight will be...curry nabe. I have this big pack of chicken tenderloin. And chicken meatballs for the hubster. With cabbage, bean sprouts. Udon doodles. Mushrooms, potatoes. OMG! It's gonna be perfect for a bitterly cold Friday night dinner. A nice hot pot of bubbling nabe on the kitchen table. With the family gathered around.

This one by Ajinomoto is my favorite because it has no fish dashi or seaweed dashi. Nothing seafood-y at all. It's totally yum.

Noah had been getting out at 2:20pm all week this week. But today he gets out at 3:45pm. And as for Bran. Next week is finals week. So he's testing all week next week. He got out of school yesterday at 2pm. And today he gets off at 2pm too. And next week Bran because of finals next week...he will be getting off between 11 and 12 noon. Bran goes on Christmas break from December 15th. And Noah doesn't go on Christmas break until the 21st or something. I did buy 10 days worth of food yesterday on purpose. I usually buy 7 days worth, like I said. But...I know...if Bran gets out at 11am, everyday next week. That won't give me enough time to make it to Inzai/Chiba New Town. I can shop in the evenings though...and just bring the kids, if I have to next Friday or next Saturday. But...just in case...10 days worth leaves me feeling comfortable. Noboru just came inside the house just now. He said...it might rain or actually it may snow tonight. He was outside flying his drone just now. It's THAT cold today. So anyways...glad I have a packed pantry and kitchen. That way if the weather goes to all heck tonight...we won't have to leave the house for days unless we want to.

We will be watching a family movie tonight. After eating chicken curry nabe with yummy udon noodles and tons of fresh veggies. And cookies for dessert. As soon as I post this, I will go in the kitchen and make a batch of popcorn on the stove real quick. For tonight's movie at home. Stay warm everyone. And have a nice weekend. : )


Next Friday, Star Wars The last Jedi comes out and as you can guess. Yes, the 4 of us will most definitely be going to the movies for that, next week! We can't wait! Anyway...Bran just messaged me...he's on the train and coming home. I bet he and Noah will be getting out around very similar times...so I can swing around and pick them both up at the same time. Okay...I need to post this now. Pop some popcorn for tonight's movie at home. And then chop some veggies and preset the rice cooker.