| With Noah's final elementary school Sports Day coming up this Saturday. I thought it would be nice to go back and look at Branden's Sports Day from elementary school in 2008. We've had hot and sauna like... type Sports Days. We have also had 1 extremely chilly Sports Day one year... where it started raining buckets from around 9am and continued for most of the day. So much so...omg that they considered stopping it and rescheduling it for the next day. @_@ They did not...we all just powered through and completed the undokai/Sports Day. Which is what I wanted. Because no sane person wants to make a picnic lunch from scratch 2 days in a row. So for me...after making the picnic lunch. I'd like to just heave ho and...let's finish this sucker! Type mentality for me. We have also had cooler weather Sports Days without rain and basically every type of weather you could imagine happen to us...since we have clearly been going to these for many years. : ) How was Bran's undokai 2008 weather? It was super hot. Melting hot. Sun was beating everyone down. We had plenty of drinks to keep us hydrated. The beach umbrella was only mildly shielding us from the unforgiving sun. Which that... plus the rain storm we had the following year during undokai...is when we finally said...enough is enough. And we went out and bought a full huge big tent-y tarp thing... that most families in Japan use. Looking at this pic and remembering how hot it was. Stay hydrated my gorgeous Noah. And be sure to cheer for your big brother. I tell ya...waking up at 4:30am to make obento/picnic lunch. Then arrive at the school around 7:30am. Behind the scenes make sure everyone is dressed and ready. Make sure the camera and video camera is charged. Slather sunblock on my arms and everywhere else. Watch a 3 year old toddler. Plus walk the perimeter of the field to make sure I snap and capture every shot of my child. Did I mention I had been up since 4:30am. @_@ Neither of us have extended family living in our town. Noboru's from Osaka and I'm from America. So we managed to handle everything ourselves. And I think we did okay. Were we perfect? Nope. Did I maybe miss a few shots? Or maybe a few came out blurry? They might have. But, I tried my very best. I cheered so loud. And couldn't have been prouder of Bran. : ) |
| Picnic lunch. This means it's half over. Eat up everyone. And let's power up and finish this thing! |
| Everyone ate. And then it was the half time performance by the kids. I was back on the field clicking pic after pic. Of my kiddo playing the pianica. Gee whiz it was hot. I must get another drink to keep myself hydrated. |
| While another grade was doing their race. I took my toddler to get a shave ice/kakigori. Noah looked so hot. And I don't want anyone overheating. It lasts until 4:30pm. So again making sure nobody dies of heat stroke. : ) Oops time to take more pics. Then swing back to the leisure sheet. Noboru and Noah were chillin'. Now back for me to go and click some more pics and walk around the field yet again. Did I mention, I was up since 4:30am? I know I mentioned it now 3 times. But gee whiz. This is exactly why we go out to dinner after undokai/sports day. Because by the time 5pm rolls around. I'm pooped. I'm all run out of gas. I'm exhausted. Both kids are tired too. |
| What I buy for one...I buy for the other too. I made sure Branden picked the shave ice flavor he wanted. And then we went to the car. Of course we dismantled our stuff (umbrella, folded the leisure sheet, blah blah blah). And lugged everything back to the car too. We dropped everything off at home. I quickly put everything into the dishwasher. And off to the restaurant we went. So nice to relax and just eat. And enjoy our dinner together. I slept in the next day. And boy did I need that. We all did. : ) Sports Day 2017, for Noah is this Saturday. I have 4 packs of sesami (chicken tenderloins) in the freezer, this evening I will put the chicken in the fridge to defrost in the fridge over night, I have my karaage marinade and a tube of ginger. A new bag of flour. Friday, tomorrow. I will be prepping everything. And running to the grocery store for last minute picnic supplies. I will also be saving a spot tomorrow at the school in the evening too. Our going out to dinner plan for dinner Saturday night is...Noah says he wants to go to Jolly Pasta. It's a family fave of ours. And I'm *so* totally on board with that. It's Branden's favorite place too. So all of us are already looking forward to Saturday nights supper. : ) How will the weather be for Saturday's undokai? I hope it's not too melting hot. And I also hope it isn't postponed. Please no rain...do not want to make obento for 2 days in a row. So...hope the undokai goes off as planned this Saturday. Ohhh one good thing...since Noboru is in the PTA for undokai this year... that means we can park right up at the school this year... that means we don't have to lug tons of crapola up the hill like most years. And of course whoever's Sports Day it is...gets to pick the restaurant. But since we all love that place..we're all looking for to it. Anyway...that's enough for now. : ) |