| Okay, so where did we leave off. Oh yes that's right. We arrived in Honolulu. Around 10:30am, Friday June 21st. My mom was set to arrive in 2 hours. So I quickly snapped 2 of these pics, and figures they both came out blurry, hahaha! Aw well. : ) We took the rental car shuttle from the airport to the car rental place, which is about 3 minutes away from the airport, so very close. We rented our car. And then we headed to Target to buy us a prepaid cell phone for $14.99. |
| $1.37 a box. Not bad....not bad at all. In fact I went back later and bought some. |
| I had the chargrill teriyaki chicken. So did the rest of us. It was fantastic! |
| I have 3 favorite places to stay while in Honolulu. My favorite place to stay is at the Ala Moana hotel because it's close to the Ala Moana shopping center, the rooms are clean and modern. But the only downside is the charge to park a car there, even if you are a guest. In fact in Honolulu period every hotel pretty much charges it's guests a parking fee. Daily fees can range from $15-40 per day. And yes that can get expensive considering you are already paying for the room on top of that. The only hotel in the Waikiki area that does not charge a parking fee to it's guests is the Illima hotel. That's where we stayed. And not have to pay an additional $30 per day for the parking on top of what we paid for our room was nice. The hotel is sparkling clean. In fact when you walk from the car parking to the hotel elevator the first smell that hits you is bleach. It is indeed very clean this place. However it was built like in the 70's or something, so brand new.... it is not! So if you want brand new stay at the Ala Moana hotel for sures or the Holiday Inn Beachcomber that's my other fave. But if you want super clean and don't mind an older building and if you are renting a car especially because you want to enjoy the entire island. Then pick the Illima Hotel. The rooms are ginormous and clean. But it's not new. Here a pic of the boys when we first entered the room. |
| The bathroom, useful, clean but basic. I think they bleach their shower curtains in fact I'd be willing to bet on it. |
| Our first nights dinner we went to the Hard Rock Cafe. |
| I had the chicken fajitas, omg these were so good! |
| Noboru and Noah. Branden sat to my left and my mom sat between Noah and I. |
| Branden and Noah checking out the Hard Rock Cafe jeep after dinner. : ) |
| This beach is so gorgeous! It's breath taking! And yes that is Noah walking along the beach. You can double click most of these pics on this post, if you want. : ) |
| Not a care in the world. 2 brothers having the time of their life! : ) |
| Noboru loves to be hands on with both the boys! He's just that type of dad. : ) So the boys are super lucky! Noboru and Noah in this pic, waiting for a bigger wave to ride on. |
| I zoomed in a bit. |
| Noah smiling and having a blast! |
| Noah my sweet 7 year old! |
| Riding in together! |
| Smiles and a look of having total fun! Coming from Branden! They do have a pretty great childhood, these boys. : ) |
| Waiting and watching. Will it be a wonker of a wave? A dud? Or will it be a good sized one! |
| Ride it Noah, ride it! |
| Noboru helping Branden. Our whole family just had the best day, you guys! : ) I was in the water for most of the day. And I boogie boarded 5 times or so that day. : ) |
| Time for lunch! Semi froze Vitamin Waters meant they were nice and cold and perfect temps by the time lunch rolled around. |
| Branden had a foot long Italian BMT. |
| Noah digging right in! He had a 6 inch Italian meatball sub with provolone cheese. |
| My mom swam and frolicked in the ocean with us for a while. And she also went up to our area and enjoyed her book and bottle of Perrier. She's currently reading Fifty Shades Freed. And those are her fashionable reading glasses. : ) My mom also took many pictures of the boys and of me and stuff. And I took many of her and the boys and stuff also. Not to be pictured here of course, those are private pics. But yeah we had a blast Saturday. : ) After a full day on the beach, we all went to our hotels and showered and stuff. And then we went to Sam's Club (my mom has a membership, so I was able to get some stuff from there) and then we went to Walmart downstairs. Walmart and Sam's Club are right in Waikiki, next to the Ala Moana mall. |
| Branden had a pizza and a taco. |
| Noah had 3 tacos. |
| The next morning we went to Ihop for breakfast. |
| Jelly donut pancakes...tiramisu pancakes...banana graham nut pancakes. They had so many varieties. |
| Butter pecan syrup, Old fashioned syrup...and blueberry and strawberry. |
| Again we had a nice relaxing breakfast. Watched many tourists walk by. |
| We knew we wanted to get a handful of souvenirs from here. And so we had eaten a good breakfast and in we went! |
| Shark teeth necklaces around their necks. And a tourist type pic taken. : ) |
| We took some pics on Waikiki beach. Sorry... but Kailua beach is much prettier. Whiter sand and a clearer prettier light blue water : ) |
| Duke and the boys! We adults, my mom and I snapped tons of the boys. And then Noboru took some of my mom and I together with Duke. And then we switched and took a few other pics. |
| I had to get a drink while walking. Pardon the ghostly white pale digit, but on the bright side at least you can see my pink nail! Yay! : ) |
| We had lunch at the food court at the Pearlridge.. |
| Their biscuits omg! |
| I was so excited to go here! |
| This was mine. I think I had 3 shrimp before I admitted...I can't eat it. Branden couldn't either. |
| Noah doesn't care for shrimp, so he had 2 ...100% beef hot dogs from 7-11. |
| The North Shore indeed. : ) |
| The Dole Pineapple Plantation. The boys, both Branden and Noah. Noah with hat. |
| And 1 without hat. : ) |
| Noah picked a regular cone with his pineapple ice cream. |
| Branden picked a waffle cone with pineapple ice cream. My mom picked the same thing Branden did. : ) |
| Noboru picked the same thing I did. : ) |
| Branden looking at the pineapples. |
| I always enjoy this sign with how many miles to all these different places. |
| Noah, his shark tooth necklace and a pineapple. |
| This was another sign and it said Guam on there! And the boys wanted to take this picture and show grandpa! : ) So if you're reading this dad, this pic is for you! : ) |
| The 5 of us got really silly in these! If you only could see all the funny pics we took of each other! You'd laugh so hard! : ) |
| Noah getting silly! : ) |
| Growing chocolate! And we also saw lots of coffee growing while on our drive also. : ) |
| I bought one of these. Choice was pineapple, banana or mango. I picked banana. : ) |
| Noah enjoying a delicious cheddar garlic biscuit. |
| Noboru and Branden too. |
| Salad and even more biscuits. |
| My meal. Given I had the scampi for lunch, I didn't want it for dinner. So I had the fried shrimp for dinner. With a butter and cheese baked potato. |
| The next day we went back to Kailua beach. |
| We brought a lunch with us again. And spent another nice long relaxing day on the beach. My mom had beach time and water time and also read her book too. |
| The boys. |
| Noah having a blast! |
| We all had a blast. |
| My mom's hotel. Then the day came and it was her day to leave. : ( She had to check out of her hotel by 11am. But her flight wasn't until 11pm. So no worries, we picked her up at 10am at her hotel and I made sure she got all checked out and stuff and then Branden and I helped her with her luggage into our rental car. My mom's jean jacket and bag and hibiscus/aloha travel bag she bought for her souvenirs, pictured here. |
| My mothers sun hat in her straw bag to the left and her cute little blingy sandals in that same straw bag. Her black luggage pictured here also. We dropped my mom's luggage off in our hotel room and we went to lunch. The 5 of us. : ) |
| We went and had a nice simple lunch at Taco Bell. |
| Their mashed potatoes and chicken and biscuits are so good. Branden said he prefers Popeye's to Church's. Hahaha. : ) I think so too. : ) |
| Noboru being a gentleman and being a good son in law wheeled my mom's stuff into the airport. My mom hugged me and she said "don't cry" And I tried very hard not to cry. I saw her eyes were watery. And I think my eyes instantly got watery too. The boys hugged grandma. Branden said, "I wish you didn't have to leave grandma" She told them to be good boys and that grandma loves them so so so much! : ( Noboru hugged my mom and my mom said she adores Noboru and how calm he is. : ) She's right, he's very chill, my husband. : ) And then she left. Also important to add....Branden loved how my mom's cell phone rang and the tune was Goyte's Somebody That I used to Know. Both the boys thought grandma was so freaking cool! My mom and Branden looked for the Brittney Spears song with Will. I. Am. "Scream and Shout". Because as my mom told Branden, her Zumba class plays that song a lot and she loves that song! Branden was like @.@ "mommy, grandma's SO cool!" : ) Hahaha. And she also bought the CD of Bruno Mars before she left also. So needless to say, Branden and Noah both think their grandma is so rad! : ) We dropped my mom at the airport around 8:30pm and her flight was at 11pm. But when checking in for the flight back to the mainland.... the crowds get crazy busy and we wanted her to go right in. And she did. She zipped through the check in counter and right through the TSA. We had a night without my mom. And I admit, I missed her. : ) But I also wanted us to enjoy our last night, so though we missed grandma already we did enjoy our last night also. And we did. She did call me on her cell to mine...when she boarded the plane to say good bye and that she loved me. : ) The next morning was our turn.... we left back to Japan. Wow hard to believe a week had passed. It was a fantastic trip but it was time for us to go home. : ) |
| Noah at Narita airport with 1 pair of his new Crocs on. ; ) |
| So handsome! Branden wearing his new pair of Crocs as well and helping by holding 2 of his mom's (my) shoe bags. Nordies and Famous Footwear. : ) |
| My same hibiscus carry-on that I've had forever. : ) Love this suitcase. : ) |
| Our luggage. It felt great to be home. : ) Anyway that was our family vacation to Honolulu, Hawaii this year. : ) |