Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Super Bowl 45, The Green Bay Packers vs. The Pittsburgh Steelers! Noah's Omise Gokko (play/pretend shopping) at the yochien.

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know we watch the Superbowl every year here live, thanks to satellite. And I usually blog something about it. Just a little snippet. Anyway Sunday for those of you in America but for us back on Monday morning for us in Japan. After both Branden and Noah got sent to school, we enjoyed the game. Though we watched all the pre game stuff all that morning as well. While getting the kids off to school.
Since my favorite football team the Denver Broncos weren't playing. I was rooting for the Green Bay Packers. Because I like their team and come on! What is not to love about those cheese hats the fans wear, they're cool! ; )
Lots of jumping for joy and cheers from our house Monday morning. It was a great game. : )
Also this week, Noah's yochien had their pretend shopping day at the school. These were the Wii's for sale. ; ) Cardboard box ones. All the kids make all the stuff they sell. So very creative of the kids and the teachers. I also liked how much attention to detail they paid. They had black and white Wii's. They also had the wrist bands too. And the buttons were spot on. Good job to all the kids! ; )

Tables and tables of different things for sale. And to buy these? No money needed, they used pretend/fake money too. : )
Burger combos.

Baby tomatoes and grapes in 2 different colors. : )
Churros. These are definitely modern kids. Churro loving kids! ; ) Curry in the background.
Pretend yochien bags. They also had wallets and other types of bags on the other side. : )
Hot dogs. Very useful those toilet paper cardboard rolls are, right? ; )
A ramen and gyoza set. They even colored a nice skillet fried look to the front of the gyoza! ; )
Hi Noah! I also took some good pics of him and his best friend H. Of them goofing around and doing silly poses and stuff. : )
The observation of the shopping day was very short. You could go between 8:30am and 9:10am. We stayed until about 9am and then kissed Noah good-bye. Noboru wanted to go and eat breakfast somewhere. Suggested Coco's and I love Coco's but with it being a buffet. Not sure if I would be able to have self control with all those bakery items. So, had to protect the whole "getting fit" thing and suggest Jonathon's. But Noboru said nah. So, we went to Denny's. I really prefer American Denny's. But, figured why not...go with the flow...so let's go. I had a veggie and hard boiled egg sandwich. It had ketchup on it. Which I would have never thought to use, but it actually wasn't so bad. : ) A little salad and some yogurt. It was a breakfast set/combo.
After Denny's we went to the shoe store. Noboru wanted to get some sneakers for himself. He found these navy ones with the orange swoosh. ; ) He's wearing them today, he says he wants to break them in before the trip to California.
It being a half day yesterday (Wednesday). We went and swung and picked up Noah afterwards. These are the things Noah bought.
See the custard/pudding cup engine? LOL.
Not sure if this is smoke or fire coming out the tail end since the color is red and orange. Ha ha ha. : ) Hope it's not fire. Otherwise we'll have an emergency landing on our hands.
A burger combo.

A Wii. Noah has been playing with this upstairs since yesterday. I was peeking in on him and watching him pretend play... the games were quite funny. ; ) He's quite a character. ; )
Do you know what this is? I'll give you a hint. If your hair is wet and after you towel dry.... you use a......... ; )
A blow dryer. Noah, said mommy I bought this one for you. I thanked him. : )
The wallet that contained all Noah's pretend money. ; )
This is how I have been tracking my workouts. This is the cardio side. All the treadmill I've done that particular week. 195 minutes of cardio that week. And it says for my height and current weight, to lose anything I need to burn 730 calories a week which isn't so bad. And that week I took this pic, I burned 830 or so. Not to mention I also have another page that tracks all the Wii workouts and Jillian Michael's dvd's I have been doing. So, it gives you a tiny peek and idea. I am indeed working out the amount I should be doing. So, I am indeed right on track. And if you check the time spent. I am busy. So, often if you look it says...10 minutes treadmill here. Or 15 minutes treadmill there. I might once in a while do 40 minutes, but often I don't have time for that long. So, every bit does indeed count. And by gosh it is working. My dvd's time fitness minutes is also quite high each week. So....that's probably why I have been a little bit quiet lately. I am just really into working out. Spending any free time I have on Sparks. A bit boring to read I know...but.... It is fun. And something I plan to stick with for sures.
I made sweet and sour chicken recently.
And I did not make these brownies. Branden did. He has taken an interest in cooking lately. And I recall I was about at the same age when I started wanting to cook things in the kitchen when I was his age too. He can make his own over easy eggs, omelet, toast. ; ) But last weekend he said as he saw the boxes of brownie mix in the food pantry. Can I make these. I said do you want me to make them for you guys? He said, no, I'd like to try. Okay I said. I preheated the oven for him. And I sat in the kitchen keeping Branden company and keeping a watchful eye. He read the directions in the back himself. And cracked the eggs... measured the water and oil. And got the Crisco vegetable shortening out and greased the pan even. He even chopped the nuts. I was standing so close when he chopped those nuts, but he did wonderfully. I called Noboru at work that day and said Branden made them, and if he could really talk positively about them. He said for sure. And when he came home. He already knew because of my call. But he said..omg! These are the most delicious brownies I've ever eaten. what did you do differently? Branden's was smiling so much his dimple actually really sucked in. ; ) Branden said...I made them. He was so proud all night. And Noah really laid heavy on the compliments too. "Branden thank you for making such delicious brownies!" So, now he's caught the cooking bug right now. : )

Tidbits. Today (Thursday) is the last day of school for the boys. It's a 3 day weekend here in Japan. Tomorrow Friday the boys are off school. Noboru doesn't work. So, he and the boys will do something fun together (maybe even just play Wii at home but they'll have their guy time though). Meanwhile I have a hair appointment tomorrow at 10am. I haven't been to the hair salon since October. Right before Noah's undokai/sports day. ; ) Anyway I am going to try and go to the salon more often this year. Every 4 month's is my goal. So, it's definitely time. My hair is...hold on let me see how long it is right now. Let me pull my pony tail out real quick. My hair is about 10 CM below my shoulders and will probably be longer after they straighten it tomorrow. And the roots are wavy-ish. So it's time for a hair straightening. I got choppy layers last time and flippy ends. But not going to happen tomorrow. I'm letting it grow out and have face framing layers for right now. And I am getting that thermal hair straightening thing that takes like 4 hours at the salon and they use flat irons twice during the process. But it comes out stick straight afterwards. So, I imagine my entire day will be spent at the salon tomorrow. : ( I plan to take a good book, some magazines and a bottle of water with me. Though they always give me coffee and stuff and a massage during my hair straightening. The bright side is, it'll be so easy to take care of afterwards.
These dvd's came this morning. Eat Pray Love, with Julia Roberts, this movie looks so good to me. And the other is Knight and Day. Remember that time I was supposed to go to the movies with my friends and forgot? : ( Yeouch even now I wince saying/typing that.: ( I guess I just still feel badly about it. Anyway, we were to see Knight and Day. I have yet to see it. So, we'll probably see it tonight since today is the last day of school and nobody has school or work tomorrow. Stay safe and warm everyone. : )