
Noboru's birthday was January 18th. It was as usual a quiet little family birthday. He got himself a netbook this year (not a notebook, not sure why he chose what he chose but he really likes it ; ). Something he's been thinking about getting. Noah drew him a picture. And Branden bought him some hooks and tackle related things, some nice ones for fishing. And I got him a new fishing pole. So he enjoyed his birthday. And we took him to dinner at Capricciosa for his birthday dinner. A big salad we all shared and a baguette of bread with fresh tomatoes, olive oil and basil. We had cokes and chatted.

Both Branden and Noah enjoying some of the deep fried rice ball with cheese. Noboru and I enjoyed it too.

2 pizza margaritas, one pasta with garlic and tomato. We slowly enjoyed our meal. Talking and laughing. We had the same room in the back for more privacy. That we usually get when there.

Noboru telling the boys a story about when he was little/younger. : )

They brought out his birthday platter for free since we're all registered here for our birthdays on here. A birthday club of some sort. : ) The cokes were also free, for all 4 of us and so were the coffees (2).

Starting to think of his birthday wish! Wish a good one, I said!!! LOL! ; ) Yeah pick something good daddy, Branden said! So with a smile on his face, Noboru thought quickly since the candle was burning quick.

Closed his eyes real tight and then....blew it out and made his wish! What did he wish for? I do not know. In our family we say, if you tell your wish it won't come true. So, he couldn't tell. : )

He took the first bite since it was his birthday and then we all shared.

We let the kids enjoy it for a bit, we meanwhile sat and talked and sipped our coffees watching them.

Noboru enjoyed his birthday very much. He is no longer 38. Now he is 39! : ) Happy birthday Noboru!

What else did we do this week. Let me see. Oh yes, on Tuesday in the day.... was Branden's observation day. I also at the same exact time had a PTA meeting at the yochien. What to do....what to do. I decided the PTA meeting I would not attend because basically no matter what they could always tell me what I missed or give me a copy of the paper.....outline. Or something. And if I needed to participate of course I will. However I decided not showing up for B, would be disappointing for him. So, the meeting I was a no show. But I dropped Noah off at school, packed him a very good lunch. And explained, I will not be at the meeting today, if you see some mommy's going upstairs I will not be there I'll be at Branden's school for observation day. However I will be here for your observation day next week. So not to worry. He said that's okay mommy. I wasn't missing anything for Noah.....just a parents meeting. So, I quickly dropped off Noah, and drove all the way back to my town and to the elementary school I went. I ran up the hill. A good 10 minute run up the hill. @_@. Went into the building, slipped my identification necklace on. Signed in and went to his classroom. I was right on time. Phew! I made it. This was not a typical observation day, like sit at the back of the class and be quiet type. This day was a ''get us parents involved and participate day" @_@ Oh man. I hope I do well I thought. So Branden's class had a big game which was pictured. Think candyland or Monopoly and you are rolling a huge dye and walking on which box you rolled. And there ya go. So, I rolled the dice. went from spot or square to square. Branden was watching me from across the room. he was so proud of me.; ) I was chatting with his classmates. Rolling that huge dice and landing on box to box. And then that was over and I went upstairs. To my surprise. It was "Let's practice English" 2 different classrooms, with 3 games in each. All in English. Yippy I thought. What amazing luck! That's my native language. Piece of cake. And turns out.... it was really really fun. First game, they showed me a covered picture...they took off 1 piece by piece..what is it? I shouted lemon. I was right. Yay! The girls laughed. One of the girls was the girl that lives across the street from us, Ayumi-chan. She was smiling and laughing those girls had quite a lot of fun with me and I them. Then I went to the next game. This time 3 boys were hosting this. Guess the animal..my gosh this is so fun I thought. Alligator...snake....fish....I had a blast. The boys were having fun. Then they got a bit serious. What is *this* they said? A genuine "help me" question. Oh that's a worm...I said. : ) The 4th or 5th grader boys repeated after me, worm! Very good boys! And I moved to the next area. 2 girls and one was my good friend Rumi-san's daughter. This was a feel what's in the box and say it in English game. So, I stuck my hand in the box and said...pencil! LOL. And scarf! The teacher wanted the word muffler but said...yes scarf is okay too. Ha ha ha. ; ) So, I got another one. I was on a roll. And having a ton of fun. Best time I ever had at observation day, honestly.

After hitting a few other classrooms. I went downstairs. I clicked this picture quickly. And I went to tell him, I was heading home. And he said okay. He was very happy I came. And I was also very happy I came. And when he came home that day. Branden told me, as they were walking down the hill that day so many older kids told him....I was speaking to your mom today! He was so excited and happy about that. ; ) Anyway that was my day at Observation day. I went home after that...cleaned house, did laundry. Then swung around to both schools and picked up both Branden and Noah. Came home and we all got ready to go to dinner for Noboru's birthday. Hmm, just realizing that I should have put the birthday post behind this picture wise. So, it's a bit off birthday pics first and observation day pics after. So sorry...they are a bit out of order but you get the idea at least. : )

And then Unstoppable. On Wednesday the Jogo-san and Noriko-san and I went to the movies. They are my very close good friends, I met at yochien years ago. And we enjoy going to movies once/about every 2 months or so. We usually catch the morning matinee and have lunch afterwards. We met up at 9:30am. And the movies start time yesterday was at 10am. The movie, Unstoppable was so good. We were out of the movie by 11:45am and headed to Coco's afterwards. The 3 of us all followed each other in our cars from the movies to the restaurant. Not having to be anywhere until 1:40pm to pick up our kids from school. So, we enjoyed our meal. I had a pasta set/combo with drink bar. Noriko-san had the haposai donburi and drink bar and Jogo-san had the...fried chicken I think and drink bar. I think it was fried chicken I hope I got that right. We enjoyed ourselves and talked and there is always so much to talk about that we talked right up until the second we left. Chatting from subject to subject. I went and picked up Noah after that..came home for about 10 minutes. Just long enough to make sure Noah unpacked his obento stuff, cup, fork and spoon/ohashi set, etc. And in the car we went to pick up Branden. After picking up Branden. We 3 came home. Branden did his homework and Noah did some Kumon Japanese packets he's been working on. And in 30 minutes they were done and went to play and have fun. Keita-kun and another little boy were ringing the doorbell, so the 4 of them went to the backyard to play. They played from 3:30pm-4:50pm. They played and played and played. I meanwhile got dinner going. Fried pork chops, rice a roni and green beans. Simple but good. I also made the kids a side salad. But I did not have any because my lunch at Coco's had salad and 1 salad is enough for me per day. ; ) Anyway that's what we've been up to this week. : )
