
Friday morning, we had a plan the hubby and I. As soon as we sent both Branden and Noah to school, we'd head to Costco Makuhari and then on the way home we'd stop off at Hanamasa (meat shop) and then to the drive thru at Starbucks and head directly to Noah's yochien by 1:40pm and then straight to get B who got off early at 2:20pm. So, as planned, we sent the boys to school and drove straight to Costco. Man what a very long drive. Especially since we drove the normal roads and not the highway. But on the way back we took the highway though.

I'm not sure why or what but it was so crowded. We went on a weekday hoping for a dead/uncrowded store. The parking on all levels were totally full. We parked on the roof and even still had to drive around and around until a space opened up. Once inside it was so crowded. I've never been in there with THAT many people before. Was it on TV the night before or something? I mean, you could barely push a cart through there. And there are usually a few foreigners in there like myself. But this time...none but me. How very unusual. So, through crowds and crowds galore, I felt like a fish going against stream. I tried so hard to make my way to the Kirkland premoistened cleaning clothes for the house. People everywhere. Carts left in the middle of the aisles. It was crazy. We quickly shopped made it downstairs. The check out lanes were even longer. We waited and waited and finally checked out. We ordered a pizza for Saturday night. And Noboru meanwhile got 2 hot dogs for his lunch for Friday. And I got a quick slice of pizza for mine. We ate outside quickly and with no real time to spare, we hopped in the car and left. We got to Hanamasa around noon. I was now worrying greatly about our timing. So, I ran into Hanamasa and grabbed the things I was looking for and quickly checked out. Luckily for me, Hanamasa was deader then a door nail.

A quick drive through the drive- thru Starbucks and both of us grabbed a Christmas latte of our choice and back onto the highway we went. To Noah's school as fast as lightning. Would Noah fit into my tiny red car with all the meats and Costco stuff? Hmm, we'd see. And more importantly would Branden fit in the car afterwards too. Yes they did. A tight squeeze but it worked.

Went to pick up Noah. Had a little time to spare. So dropped off Noboru and the tiramisu. And with Pizza and the rest still in the car...off I went to the elementary school. Kirkland wipes, tortilla chips. 2 packs of plain dinner rolls. And 1 large cheese pizza.

And 1 very large tiramisu.

From Hanamasa, 5 packs of very lean 100% ground beef. 2 packs will be hamburg, 2 packs will be cheeseburger night and 1 pack will be meatballs for pasta night. 1 big pack of thick pork chops for fried pork chop night. And the 2 whole chickens for the super cheap price of 1080 yen. I am planning to cut them into pieces for homemade fried chicken for Christmas dinner. Don't laugh but we're simply sick of turkey. We love turkey but the nearly 20 pounder we had for Thanksgiving was enough for us for a while. We were then thinking...buy a spiral ham. And then I got to thinking. All my Japanese friends order KFC family party meals for Christmas. It's sort of a tradition for Japanese to do this at Christmas. Seriously. So, I guess I started thinking....you know, I could make an even better fried chicken. I have an excellent southern cookbook. And it has an amazing recipe for some seriously delicious fried chicken. I can make mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, we can have biscuits, the whole shebang. Heck, I can even make homemade baked in the oven macaroni and cheese. The real kind. So...yeah I started getting excited about the idea. Mentioned it to Noboru and he *loved* the idea so much! Probably because he hears from his coworkers how they all also eat KFC for the Christmas holiday. And so yeah....and plus this is even cheaper then the colonel. I bought 2 whole chickens, and will fry up the both of them. So, like 4 breasts, 4 wings, 4 drumsticks. And so on. It's gonna be really good. The dessert I'm still deciding on, maybe an all American apple pie or maybe a pumpkin pie, who knows. Anyway...so while we were there, perfect time for us to pick up the Christmas chickens and they are now frozen in the freezer as well as the rest of the meats. We are really looking forward to Christmas dinner this year. : )

All the dinner rolls, placed in freezer bags. One bag will be used for Christmas dinner. The rest for obento's or just plain munching. Putting them in the microwave toasting a bit in the toaster oven, rubbing some butter on top and yumm.

Someone donated to our yochien a huge Christmas house, like a gingerbread house but not made out of gingerbread. ; ) All the kids got to eat some Friday and also bring some of it home. That's what's picture on the left here. The parts of the house Noah took off. He shared with Branden. And that on the right is a Santa bell Noah made.

It's got the date on it and everything and after Christmas is over I'm going to hide it away in Noah's yochien keepsake box.

Our most recent movies we ordered/rented. A Christmas Carol. The new one with Jim Carey. And Extraordinary Measures. We haven't seen them yet. A Christmas carol, the kids and I'll see tonight. And Extraordinary Measures Noboru and I'll see tomorrow.

These are our Christmas movies. We watch them every year with the boys. Usually 1 or 2 movies each night tops. Polar Express is my least favorite movie in the bunch. The kids favorite is Elf. Noboru's favorite is Christmas Vacation and my favorite is A Charlie Brown Christmas or A Christmas Story. Tonight Noboru has his year end party. Noboru doesn't really go out very often. Actually unless it's fishing with his fishing buddy's. He's more a homebody type guy. He does however go out with his coworkers once a year for this end of year party. It's going to be just the guys....a bunch of married men. And even 1 child. ; ) One of the guys wife is a flight attendant and he needs to watch his son (1 year younger then Branden), so he's bringing him along tonight since she's working. Their plan? Go to the public bath. And then to a karaoke dinner place. And then home. None of the guys smoke except 1. LOL. Noboru quit 2 years ago. As did the rest of the guys. So, one very family oriented end of year party for them. ; ) Also, Noboru doesn't drink. So, anyways, while Noboru's at the end of year party tonight (which I'm glad he's going and I hope he has a lot of fun : ). Branden and Noah and myself will be throwing our own little party here at the house, just us 3. We'll throw the pizza in the oven. Warming it up. Having some grape soda with ice. Some tiramisu for dessert and after I send the boys to the showers and into jammies they go. I'll jump in afterwards and take a fast shower and we'll start movie night. A big bowl of popcorn and also chips and salsa. The boys chose Elf already. So we'll be watching...a Christmas Carol tonight and Elf afterwards. Noboru said he'll be home before 11pm. Because half the guys need to make sure they can catch the last train. ; )
Anyway the oven just beeped you guys...time to throw the pizza in the oven and get the boys fed and ready for our little movie night we have going here. Just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful weekend.
