
If you know me at all, even by a little bit, you'll know I dislike not being caught up with my tasks. Yes, it's one of my weird things, lol. ; ) And so being behind with this blog has been driving be bonkers. Last Friday for example Noah went on a school field trip with his yochien. I have to get that up because as of right now.....it's a full 7 days behind. Also, the lasagna I made the day before we left to the Disney hotel for B's special meal from me. That I haven't blogged either. Too much being left out. So, I figured...just gather all the stuff I've pushed to the side and haven't had a chance to blog yet. And just lump everything into one post of misc. : ) So here it is. The dvd's up above we rented the week before we went to Disney Sea. Aliens in the Attic for the kids (they really liked this). And Case 39, for Noboru and I. I wanted to talk about Case 39. Because....when I went to Guam this past October, I was looking online of the movies currently playing at the actual movie theater, while I would be in Guam. Anyway, this movie was a new release, I think it came out in the US movie theaters, October 4th? October 5th or somewhere around there. Anyway, I knew with me being with the kids, I wouldn't get to see it. But I clicked the info on it online anyways, since I saw Renee Zellwegger was in it. I like her as an actress. Anyway.... it said this was a very good scary movie. I was a bit sad I couldn't see it. But I figured with the delay we get most movies in Japan (though not always the case) it might come out, in 6 month's or so at the movies. Please imagine my surprise, when I was checking Tsutaya Discas, an online video rental. That had it on dvd rental NOW! Surely there has to be some kind of mistake I thought. Perhaps it's just another movie with the same title. It could happen. So, I double checked and Renee Zellwegger was in this one too (by now I was sure it was the one in the same movie). So, I said...go for it and rent it. And so I rented it. It turns out, it IS the same movie. We watched this 2 weeks or so ago, have since returned it. But it was a very good movie. Really good actually.

Last week after getting back from Disney, a friend of ours brought us a bag of Costco dinner rolls. We reimbursed the cost of course, but that was nice.

And last Friday, Noah went on his Fall ensoku/field trip. He went to a great big aquarium with the school. I made him an obento. A thermos filled with iced tea. We were expecting a typhoon Halloween weekend. And with it being the Friday that kicked off that weekend. I was worried if it would rain or not. So, I sent Noah, with his rain coat. Long socks to keep his legs warm. Long sleeve thermal white shirt underneath his gym long sleeve. Plus they were only outside to walk from bus to parents car, they stood in the big bus or the actual aquarium the whole time. Noah said, he saw a dolphin show, and also a seal show and one of them danced to Michael Jackson. This dancing act has greatly amused Noah to no end and he has since talked to us about the Michael Jackson dance number the seal did. As you can tell, he was quite impressed. : )

As they entered the bus, us mom's found out which side our kids were sitting on. And so, since Noah was sitting on the other side. A lot of us mom's with kids on that side of the bus all stood in the street and waved at our kids through the window. Luckily since this isn't a through street, it's a cul de sac, there wasn't any traffic.

I waved and waved Noah waved back. I kept waving until the bus pulled and drove away. And then....Noboru and I went and.....

Had ourselves some breakfast last Friday (hey the kids ate a nice one at home, we didn't yet so, it was a good chance). Since he was with me. He wanted to say goodbye to Noah too for his ensoku. So, we had breakfast. And talked, and ate and talked. And ate some more. I had 3 cups of coffee, which is more then I usually have. But there was a free drink bar with our meal so...

See the pumpkins were not cut yet in the background so you know this happened before Halloween. : ) Since we were together Friday morning anyway just having breakfast. And though I went to the store for food the day before. However Noboru somehow wanted us to buy more toilet paper. He said...the typhoon was coming, so we should get some more TP. We still had about 8 rolls left at home, but it made him feel better, so we bought 20 more. I meanwhile, since I was there at the DIY anyway, went ahead and picked up some gentle body wash. I usually switch the kids and myself in the winter time from whatever we are using at the moment for Summer. To something a little more gentle in the winter. The Winter dries us out something fierce around here. Also picked up the refill for it, since I rarely go to that particular DIY.

Goodness this pic is really out of sync or order or whatever you wanna call it. ; ) It happened before the ensoku pic. Dag nabbit. Oh well. Anyway, Sunday afternoon (the day before we went to the Disney hotel), I ran to the store and picked up a fresh loaf of bread. I don't even wanna say how often during a week I pick up a fresh loaf of this bread for meals. I bet the owners of this bakery must think...Americans sure eat a lot of bread. @_@ Sorry. Came home and got started on the lasagna dinner I was making for Branden. Well all of us, but you know what I mean. And just 1 slice of the provolone went into this. Just wanted to use a mixtue of cheeses is all.

I wanted to do something special for his birthday and since we honestly weren't going to be home for the day of his birthday or the day before. It made the ice cream birthday cake, a total no go this year. But I still wanted to say....with love. Happy Birthday. So, I baked Branden this lasagna on Sunday instead.: ) The day before we left to the hotel. We enjoyed this Sunday evening a lot with fresh bread and butter. The lasagna was 85% gone Sunday night. Branden wanted some for breakfast Monday morning and though he usually has omelet. I said why not. And hubby and I had the last of it Monday afternoon for lunch.

What else have I been doing in my free time? Meaning when the hubby's working late and the kids are safely tucked in bed. Well, if somethings good on satellite, I watch that. But if nothings good on, I'll go online and watch the reality TV show Hoarders. I watch this on Cast TV. I don't pay to watch it, it's free, but I can only watch 3 hours each day, they give you a time limit unless you wanna pay for their service which I do not. I like the freebie. : ) So, 3 hours is well enough for me. And I don't watch all the time just on nights when there's nothing on. My dad watches this in Guam and we chat about this show sometimes. Like...did you catch such and such episode? Yeah, I did too.

Look at one of these houses.

The wall and flooring is actually rotting. Some houses are infested with cockroaches one even had cockroach eggs in her books. Rats found in another house. Another house had cat poop all over and urine on all the piles of stuff everywhere. And about 10lbs/5kg of cat poop all stacked behind the TV. Her reasoning? She couldn't find the litter she bought for the litter box so she just put the poop out of sight.

As this says. Her sister an attorney is so sad her sister is like this...she finally said. Clean up your house or I'll take my niece away from the home. She didn't want to do that. But she was greatly worried.

This is a show that if you live in the US comes on the A&E channel, this is one of my favorite channels in the US. And it says 3 million people have this hoarding problem. I didn't realize that many people had this. : ( It's not something to make fun of. These people really have a real problem. This is a remarkable program to watch.

Look at this sink. You know the one thing that struck me, was these aren't bad people. They're not really lazy people either. They just have a problem. They are suffering as well.

To walk through this living room you must walk on the stuff to get passage through.

That poor bath tub.

A random kitchen from the show.

These cats in particular in such bad shape. A few couldn't even open their eyes.

This lady pictured above. Her house had the cat poop and urine in it everywhere. They told her....you can't keep any of your stuff. She said, You said I could. They said but it's contaminated. because of the cat feces and urine. She was so angry she said...then why don't you just torch the place then. And what's she doing in this pic? At the thrift store buying more stuff for the house before the crew came to help her though. This show is really fascinating. And at times it's really very sad. But it is a good show and they do try to help these people.

This lady, a normal typical lady. Also a hoarder but also she's a teacher. Teachers rock. This lady was so nice.

This is the teacher. She was a wonderful human being, yet she also has this problem. This problem affects people from all walks of life it seems.

And this is her kitchen. Anyway if you're ever up late at night. And nothings good on TV, you might wanna check out an episode of this. It's a really good show and they really are trying to do a positive thing with regards to helping these people.

Halloween night. After the kids took showers and went to sleep. I stayed up to 11pm and watched Jersey Shore on MTV season 2. I was surprised Angelina came back for season 2, since she abruptly left in the beginning of season 1.


I like Vinny, I find him to be really funny. Quite a character this guy.

Sammi, I think she's beautiful. I know it seems her boyfriend is cheating on her. I see it on the TV screen too, him hooking up with girls at the clubs. Her roommates know. And are debating telling her or not. I also find interesting how Mike The Situation calls ugly girls...."grenades" And how he wore a shirt that said he hopes for a grenade free world someday. @_@

This past Monday, the day after Halloween, it rained hard. As you can see by this picture. I got an email from Branden's school saying he was on a storm schedule and the school start time would be an hour delayed. Meanwhile, the calling tree was busy going for the yochien. Jogo-san calling my cell. And then in turn, I had to call Yukina-chan's mom and pass the message along. There were 4 points to the message I remember that. #1 School was open. #2 You could be delayed time wise. #3 School lunch was still being provided (doesn't affect Noah since he brings homemade lunch everyday) and #4 and final thing, if you are abscent it will be marked as abscent. Phew, odd/weird how I still remember the points of the calling tree all these days past. : )

Also Monday after getting both the boys off to school with their delayed start school times and all. The floor heating needed to filled for the season, so we had called the guy days earlier, he's an older grandpa type and he knows Noboru well, since he fills there to and from work every week. 200 liters filled into the floor heating. We have yet to turn it on, because the house is just very warm and insulated anyway. But, it's nice to know it's filled and we can turn the floor heating on anytime.

Tuesday after I dropped off Noah at yochien. I went to a pet store to kill some time while I was waiting for Nishimatsuya to open at 10am. Then as soon as it opened, I went right in to Nishimatsuya and bought some socks and some under shirts for Noah. I was only going to get 1 pack of socks but they were on sale, and he does need them, so that's why I got 2 packs.

A good deal on the socks.

5 pair each pack so 10 total. I have also tucked 2 pair away for the Christmas recital. It's 2 days so that's why the 2 pair.

Tuesday, it was a very easy dinner. I made yakiniku marinated chicken.... fried it in the pan style on the stove. Noboru had beef. Everyone had yakiniku type bowls meaning on top of rice (mine was the only one not in a bowl too; ). I also made some stir fried veggie on the side. And the lettuce was for wrapping our meat and rice with. Iced tea. Very simple Tuesday meal.

Went and did the weekly shopping, picked up some dessert things. Garigari again.

Chocolate in one box and these ones were mikan and also yogurt ones. The yogurt ones were so good.

Also picked up lots of American sausage and some veggies.

Jimmy Dean breakfast links. I buy many of these in a month. The boys like them for breakfast during the week. Noah espeically.

Some more detergent and a packed car of groceries and home I went to unpack the groceries.

Wednesday was a holiday here in Japan for us. See that pic? Nope the circus did not come to town. And yep, those are 2 unicycles. : ) E-kun (one of Branden's best friends) and his sister Akiko but everyone just calls her, Ako-chan : ) Anyway they came over at 8:15am to play with B. I think this could be a record for us for definitely one of the earliest play times, ha ha ha. I had a sloppy pony tail on, thank goodness I switched from night gown to yoga pants and sweatshirt at least. : ) Boy next door came over around 9am. And Noah was outside from 8:30am. Though he comes into the house often and gives me updates of what's going on outside. : ) He's the eyes and ears of this place I tell ya. ; ) LOL. At 11am, all the kids were pooped, they had their play. And everyone went back home. The boys came inside. E-kun and Ako-chan wheeled away on their unicycles. And the boy next door went across the street. ; ) The kids enjoyed their day. They lazed around. I lazed around too. Happy sigh. : )

I had the pork for niku jaga in the crock pot on over night. By 1pm-ish. I added the onion. By 2pm I added the potatoes. Around 3:30pm, I transferred it to the stove in a pan. As you can see, it was indeed steaming hot. The pork was so soft. I added green beans. And the boys and I ate. The weather has been quite cold outside lately.
Any other updates? Things are going good here. I'm not particularly busy. Now that undokai's are done. Things are very relaxed. Quiet even. The boys still are doing their things. Swimming and Kumon. They are still playing with their friends in the neighborhood a lot. Things here are good. Everyone's in good health. No one feels any stress or anything. We've got no complaints.
For November, we have Thanksgiving coming up. My dad's coming to Japan to be with us for that and I'm looking forward to that. I also have a bake sale at Noah's yochien for which I was asked to bake something. I think that's a day before Thanksgiving. But it should be fine. No trouble at all.
The boys go to get their 2nd dose of flu shot November 17th? I think that's the date.
Ohh, there has been 1 cat. He's been sleeping under our front porch. About 3 nights a week. I can hear when he's under there. He's not bothering anyone, so I don't mind.
The last dvd's we rented were "Shorts" for the kids, they liked this a lot.....also we rented....My Best Friend's Girlfriend. This movie is freaking hilarious! The car scene when he lies and says his radio is broken and so when he starts his car....out plays on like volume 100, the 2 Live Crew and offers the girl some ear plugs because his radio is "broken" Hilarious! Dane Cook, Jason Biggs (from American Pie) And Kate Hudson. And then when he tries to turn off another girl, this time, Kate Hudson gets in the car and he tries to pull the same line on her and offers her ear plugs and the same song comes on blasting!....Meanwhile Kate Hudson's character shouts, I LOVE this song and then starts singing along to the song! Classic! I laughed, I don't know how many times during this movie!
Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. Today is now Friday. I can't wait for both Branden and Noah to both get home so the weekend can start. We're having teriyaki chicken fillet sandwiches for dinner tonight. I keep thinking about that delicious one I had at Kua'Aina Burger last week. Even have an avocado for it. Lettuce and tomato. I'm still wondering if I should do baked fries or just do...proper french fries. Or maybe healthier baked potatoes (meaning not fried) but then load them up with the works. I'll get it figured out. Anyway teriyaki sandwiches for sures though. Even have the sesame buns. : ) Have a wonderful weekend everyone. : )
