
Branden, just passed from level 3, to level 2, earlier this week. Noboru had mentioned, he'll probably pass level 2 really fast. I disagreed and said no, it could take a good 1-2 month's. Not that I was doubting his skills at all, it's just, I thought it would take longer then 2-3 days is all. It's a swim medley (meaning swimming a mixture/combo of styles.... 4 different styles in the amount of time set) Noboru disagreed and said...yes but he's really strong with his swimming, yadayadayada. So Thursday, Branden went to swimming school. He swims twice a week and has since this Summer (before that it was just once a week). Anyway, Branden says...I hope they test me today. I said...you just got level 2, that's quite an accomplishment anyway. Just take things slowly sweet pea. No need to rush. And I'm so proud you passed #2. Anyway.... he came home from the swimming bus Thursday evening, as I was fixing him a plate of dinner. "Look look look" I looked...OMG! A trophy, I said. They tested you again? So soon? Yeah the coach said, I was ready... so no need to wait. I stood in the genkan happily surprised @_@ Really? He was talking a mile a minute. Noah saying...... a swimming trophy...a swimming trophy. A frenzy in our genkan this Thursday. I hugged him, so tight. kissed his face like 10 times. I AM SO PROUD YOU BRANDEN! After we all congratulated him hugged and kissed him. I said... now go change your clothes, and put your swim stuff away, it's time for your dinner. : ) Noah ate earlier and I waited to eat with Branden. He filled me on, all the details. Aoi-kun's mom Rieko-san was there he said. My good friend. He said she congratulated him. A few other of the mom's I know. And he said they took his picture and it will hang in the genkan of the school for a month of him holding a trophy. He also said the coach helped him fix his hair for the photo. Awww! : )

It came in this box! : ) His trophy now sits on top of his school desk in his bedroom. Branden has since walked in his room 1000 times just peeking at his trophy. : ) Typical kid.

A level 1 indeed. It's funny, you know....I started writing about Branden's swimming experiences from the very first lesson. Noah's too. Every pass, whether it was a flower or a #15 has been recorded. And to finally make it. Achieve it and see it all the way to the end. Amazing. I am so proud. He is so proud. We're all just so proud. Awww, you guys. : ) The funny thing is... he certainly was a level 2 for the shortest amount of time, right? Ha ha ha. Man, I sewed it on his swim cap and everything! Oh well..now I will have to sew on the #1 this coming weekend. All of you..throughout all the years who have read my blog and saw him grow into the swimmer he is today. Thank you....thank you also, for taking this journey with us.

I did not close this picture down. You can double click this if you want. Now here are some changes and what to do next. As the paper says, they only test to pass the level 1, 4 times a year. According to the paper the next test is in December followed by March. Also, now that Branden is now a level 1, he no longer is required by the swimming school to wear the school swimwear, he can now wear any kind of racing swimwear he wants now. What's next? Well, a lot of kids in Japan get the trophy and quit swim school. They feel accomplished as they should. That's what some of our friends have done. While some of our other friends kids still swim.I have asked Branden and said, Noboru also said..... You can quit swim school, if you want. You have now technically finished. You may start soccer...or karate or whatever. You know, what we mean is, if you wanted to....you could take up something else if you wanted. It's YOUR choice kiddo. Not ours. You can also take up nothing, if you wanna just do school and Kumon only that's cool too. He thought long and hard and without any hesitation he said...I really wanna stick with swimming...is that okay?" I said, done. Noboru said the same, if he wants to continue, he can. So...now according to the letter. We will await for a letter from either the swim school or from Japan's swimming federation. So, Branden is now quietly training and he will be quietly training all Fall and the start of Winter. Will he be ready to test in December or will he be ready in March? I don't know..I'll let you know later, as soon as we know and things start to develop. : )
