
In Japan kids get dental check ups at school every April. So in April, the dentist came to the yochien and checked all the little kids teeth. If anything looks bad, they are then given a note for the parents to take them to a dentist outside of school. And then bring a note that you did get it checked (I've got a girlfriend at our same yochien who had to do that, that's how I heard : ( . Both our kids have never had any cavities so we've never been given a bad note (knocks on wood it stays that way ). This was the note we got for Noah this April, it basically says nothing wrong with any teeth and no cavities. Branden brought home a similar note from the elementary school. Anyway...the kids we do take them to a children's dentist every 6 month's anyway. We've just always done this since B was a wee little toddler guy. ; )

So, last Monday, after we dropped off my dad at the airport we took the boys to their dental appointment. We had the first 2 appointments of the morning.

Waiting for their names to be called.

And into the teeny tiny door they went. They were cleaned, checked over and given the thumbs up by the dentist. No cavities. And a see you in December/January and off we went.

Last Tuesday, we took the boys to see Toy Story 3, in 3-D. In English (Japanese subtitles)

We bought a big bucket of popcorn, the boy's wanted the Toy Story cups. And hubby and I each shared a large drink.

We had the middle row. A bit blurry but you get the idea. We were wondering if we'd be the only people watching since it was in English. But nicely, a mom and 2 son's sat behind us. And during the previews a mom, dad and an older boy (around 12-ish -14-ish) sat in front of us but to the left. So we weren't the only people in there.

It wasn't this dark, more like the pic up above. Until the previews started and then the movie theater did get dark dark.

The boys cups. Toy Story 3. I won't tell the ending or give anything away. But I will just say....this was as good as the first one. Better then Toy Story 2 for sure. And the ending made me cry. If you saw the first and second one.....you really want to see this one. It's good.....really good.

One of our meals during the week. Karaage, everyone had corn on the cob with butter salt and pepper, rice, salad (the tomatoes, cucumber and bell peppers for the salad came courtsey of our garden ; ). And for dessert we all enjoyed some fresh fruit. We've been enjoying the heck out of the Summer. I like not having to run here and there every single day or wake up so darn early every single morning. I enjoy the relaxed feeling that Summer brings me. No real pressure. Sure the boys are still going to Kumon and swimming. But that's it really. They've been playing with a lot of their friends in the neighborhood or playing in the backyard quite a bit. I hope everyone's been enjoying their Summer as well. : )
I was asked for my pizza dough recipe. And I did not forget. : ) So here it is (the measurements I used are American, hope this helps).
3/4 cup warm water
1 pack of yeast
1/8 teaspoon sugar
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
vegetable oil
Put the warm water in a bowl, put the yeast and sugar over the water and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Until the top starts to foam.
In a large bowl put 1 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and mix together.
add the olive oil to the yeast mixture, then pour the yeast mixture into the bowl of flour.
Add the second cup of flour, use a wooden spoon. Don't use a metal spoon...no metal. Keep mixing then add the 3rd and final cup of flour. Knead the dough for about 5-8 minutes. When it starts to look smooth and no longer sticky. Then you're done.
Coat a bowl with vegetable oil and place the ball of dough insde. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Then cover with a clean dish cloth. Let it sit for 60 minutes at least. I usually let mine sit for the afternoon so a few hours. And I do check on my dough after an hour or two, mix and knead a bit. Then I cover mine again and let sit. And I might check once again or not.
Toppings how you like. And I bake my pizza in a 450F degree oven because this gives me a crispy (not soggy) crust (sorry I don't have the C temp equivelents, gomen gomen ; ). Hope this helps. : )
