Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August Guam trip 2010 : )

Our trip to Guam was pretty awesome. Here's Branden at one of the pools at my dad's condo. The boys swam ever morning for an hour before getting dressed for the day. And at the end of each day when we'd come back to my dad's, the boys would swim at night for a full hour each and every single night we were there. And then they'd shower before bed. They got a lot of swim time while there.
Branden going in.
Swimming.
And now they were in the other pool.
Branden jumping in.
Monkey see, monkey do, as usual. ; ) Noah had to jump after seeing Branden do it.
And then Branden went again.
And then Noah went yet again. They went back and forth like this for quite a long time.
Then back to the other pool and this time Branden and my dad raced in the pool, the back stroke. Branden won. Sorry dad. ; )
Hands on the hips as Noah watched the whole grandpa/Branden race unfold. ; )
Just playing around.
Noah did a cartwheel. This move scared my dad. My dad said...he could hit the concrete or...or..or. So, to ease grandpa, we banned this move. ; ) But man this kid has no fear!
On our way out for the morning. A bit cloudy but still steaming hot. About to shower off, get changed and get going for the day.
Coconuts everywhere.
One lunch Branden had was KFC, with mashed potatoes and gravy.
I had a veggie and cheese Subway sandwich, no chips and I had a bottle water for one of my lunches.
At one of the Cost u less stores. I went to both of them this trip. They each carry different stuff so I like to hit both, they're big though the one in Dededo is twice bigger then the one near GPO. I can drive and know my way around Guam a lot so me zipping here and there is very easy.
Trying to decide which granola bars to get, hmm.
One dinner we had was at Tony Romas. Baked potato soup, with all the toppings that go on a baked potato. Man this soup is good.
I had the half slab baby back ribs.
Noah had chicken tenders, Branden had the kids ribs.
A stuffed kid.
Would you believe the day we arrived was the first official day back to school for the school kids in Guam. So they had all the school supplies out. The kids clothes were all on sale. It made me happy. And on the radio all that day....we heard..."today's the first day back at school" ; )
I went to see Eclipse the day after I got there. That morning, the boys swam at 6:30 until about 7:20am, they went upstairs and showered and got dressed, I did the same and then we all went to breakfast. The grocery stores (Payless) are open 24hours so we shopped in them first and then the Cost u less open at 9am. So, we got most of our shopping done and out of the way. Went back to dad's condo dropped everything back off. Had lunch and got ready for the movies. My dad knew how badly I wanted to see Eclipse (Twilight's Eclipse that is), and so my dad took the boys to a different movie that started the same time. It was a kids movie in 3-D, called Despicable Me. If you see my ticket says early bird. It's because we went to the first showing of the day, so all of our tickets were just $5 each. And the first showings weren't until 1:30pm so we got to get everything needing to get done beforehand. The kids and my dad had a huge popcorn and a large drink and went into their movie. And I bought a bottle water and a small popcorn. We all met out front of the theater but our movies got out relatively at the same time. Very little wait time. After our movie we all got some Cold Stone ice cream and then walked along the beach.
For another dinner, we went to a place called Carmen's. It's a Mexican restaurant. Can you see the huge gorgeous Catholic church behind B and my dad, through the window?
I had the chili relleno plate it was so good. The whole mood of the trip was just so relaxing. We all had such a good time.
Another breakfast, for the boys they got chocolate chip pancakes and sausages.
I meanwhile had a veggie and cheese omelet, hash browns and coffee and toast.
Noah had a morning swim and now was onto breakfast.
The boys swam in the beach last Wednesday, that's what we did that day. But this was taken, another day, one of our beach walks. I think we were killing time before heading to have some Italian that night. The boys collected a few seashells.
And now heading down to dinner and just started to rain.
A pit stop at Underwater World first though. ; )
It had started to rain but we were in the restaurant and just looking out the window....the DFS is across the street so we could see a bunch of tourists.
I had the lasagna, so did my dad, the boys shared a large pepperoni pizza. That pizza is so good. I had a slice.
Branden drinking a ginger ale.
The day we left, our flight was at 10am last Friday. We were at Denny's, the boys had breakfast, my dad also ordered the breakfast, and I debated ordering breakfast or the lunch. I ended up ordering the lunch as you can see by the pic. I had ordered a chicken breast sandwich battered and fried and then drenched in the buffalo wing sauce with cheese. It was very good. After this my dad dropped us off at the airport around 7:30am. We checked in quickly and went into the customs area. We didn't eat anything at the airport because we ate at Denny's beforehand. The kids went to the restroom. So, did I. And then we went and sat near our gate until it started boarding at 9:30am.