
The weather's been pretty hot here in Chiba lately! We have an indoor/outdoor thermometer. And lately it's been between 97F-100 degrees F outside. I think one day it even peeked to 103F. Now at home our house temps inside have been a comfy and dry 78F. But once we leave the comfort of our central air house it's hot. Really hot! @_@ Anyway, last Thursday we decided to head to the local city pool. It's very old school.

Branden sliding down the yellow slide!

My dad sliding down the yellow slide.

Hubby and Noah going up the stairs to take a turn on the slide together.

Getting situated.

And down they slide!!!

I like the lazy river part the best. We spent literally hours going around and around! We also slid down the slides and went to the other pools as well. But the lazy river pool was where we spent the majority of our day for sure.

The perfect way to stay cool. Branden had quite a few friends there. A few he goes to elementary with and a girl who swims at the swim school with him as well. We greeted their parents and stuff. It was pretty nice.

Boy did everyone have a blast! Noah went on Summer break the Friday before. And Branden started Summer break Tuesday! So Thursday....it was just a relaxing day at the pool.

Noboru about to chase the kids in the pool.

Giving Noah a ride!

I call this photo...."monkey see monkey do" You see how Branden is doing cart wheels all over the lazy river? You know just doing some typical kid splish splash fun. Now check out Noah. He's doing the same exact thing his big brother is doing. Two legs doing the same move at the same time. These kids cart wheeled themselves all over the lazy river!

My dad and Noboru chatting meanwhile the kids just having fun. As soon as I clicked the pics, I jumped myself right back into the lazy river.

This is where we set up our leisure sheet underneath this shaded area. I think you might see a big inflatable dolphin on the left. Under that shaded area. That big inflatable dolphin was ours as well.

Last year I packed a really big obento. But this time, I just packed snacks. I did however bake strawberry cupcakes. I didn't frost them because with the weather being as hot as it was, frosting in that hot heat would have been yuck! So unfrosted was way better. We brought salted peanuts, senbei, chips. Drinks that I froze the night before. The drinks were sort of a slushy type texture which was great in the heat.

And this pic was taken right before we left. We all had these huge old school type popsicles. My dad and Noboru had melon. My dad said this was the best melon he's ever had in his life. And both Branden and Noah and myself we all had cider. We sat and ate our popsicles. And hopped into the MPV. After dropping off, all our stuff at home. We all headed to Narita for some ramen, gyoza and fried rice. After dinner, we all headed back home. We each took a turn in the shower. Then we all watched TV. Last Thursday.....really fun! Summer rocks!
