Thursday, June 03, 2010

Bits from last weekend!

I have this post and then another to get this blog caught up. And though I am a bit busy with housework today, I know if I don't get this up and posted, it could snowball and I could get even more behind. So moving forward. : )

Last Friday's lunch with Noriko-san and Jogo-san was so much fun! I had the kobocha curry as usual. Ordered it hot (degrees of hotness, versus mild or medium) We sat at the restaurant from 11am until it was time to go and pick up Noah at the yochien. So quite a few hours. We ended with the plan of going to the movies together yet again. Next month, we will go and see Iron Man 2. ; ) So I picked up Noah last Friday after my pumpkin curry at the Indian restaurant and swung to pick up B and we headed home.
With it being the start of the weekend. I made tacos. 1 big skillet of beef (had the butcher grind us up some lean beef) and a big skillet of chicken. Taco Bell seasonings. And some shells, chopped up the lettuce, Branden grated the cheese.
A fast quick taco dinner last Friday with some pink lemonade. Homework was finished for the weekend quickly from Branden. And the boys showered after dinner with the hubby. And then I went after. We watched TV and then when the boys went to sleep Noboru and I watched Precious. It was a good movie.
Oh yes, remember, Noboru ordered for me...as my birthday present way back in March? The clothes weren't to be shipped until May though, which was fine. Summer stuff anyways. Anyway they finally got here the day after we got back from Guam last week. 2 pairs of shoes, a pair/set of short length house shorts for me. That I am even wearing right now as I type. I love them. 2 shirts, I liked in the Nissen catalog but I hated when I tried them on, so I sent them back. : ( And something else that I forget right now. Anyway....
These are the veggies I picked up last week. Long gone now, but....
Does anyone else go through bread like crazy? We go through insane amounts here. Plus I often run to the bakery and get more if we run out or to a closer supermarket. @_@
Saturday, we had pizza. I like the weekends to have fun types of food. Something we can all relax and enjoy. We had homemade pizza and sodas for dinner. Then we loaded the dishwasher, and everyone showered yet again. Same routine daily on that one. ; ) And we watched UP with the boys. And then they went to sleep and Noboru and I watched, "The Lovely Bones". This movie was FANTASTIC!!! Seriously, it was so good. Ending Saturday with popcorn and a DVD at home was pretty cool.
Sunday the boys played in the backyard with a bunch of kids from the neighborhood. And for dinner Sunday night we had beef curry. It was really good.
Monday morning, June 1st, the start of the Summer uniform at our yochien! I was ready. It was fresh and clean. I had Noah's obento already nicely packed in his backpack. I love the uniforms at our school so much. The Winter one I love because it's the traditonal navy blue yochien type uniform, it's simple and nice. I love it. The Summer uniform I love because it's basically the same thing as the winter uniform except the shorts are gray, a lighter color for Summer obviously and a straw hat. I love that they have a school only shoe that way everyone matches even right down to their shoes. And the gym uniform rocks. I love the yellow color. So yeah, I really enjoy our schools uniform, for all seasons. And yes they have a smock they put over their uniform that is navy and white stripes, pin stripes. And it protects their clothes. : )

So Monday, in the evening I got an email from my very good friend Jogo-san. It was an email asking me if I wanted to go and have Indian curry the following day. Yes, I know we went the Friday the week before, ha ha ha. However, this restaurant is where we will be hosting the Fall mother's luncheon for the pink badges. And 2 other mom's had never been there and they wanted to try it. And they mentioned to Jogo-san that they'd like me to go if I was free. So, she emailed me asking if I was free the next day. I said...."shoot why not" ; ) Yes I am. : ) So, Tuesday I met up with them at the same Indian restaurant at noon. Hmm, good thing... they have a members stamp card at this restaurant. @_@ I'm starting to like like their regular customer. Ha ha ha. So, within 1 week, I had Indian curry twice and Japanese curry once! Ha ha ha. That's a whole lot of curry. : ) Oh well, nothing wrong with being social with friends. ; )