Friday, May 21, 2010

Stuff from the week!

How's our week been going? It's been going pretty fantastic. The weather's been great. Both Branden and Noah are doing amazing! The weather has been so nice. Nothing really hugely major going on right now. The grass is turning greener, I'd say it's about 40% green right now, so it's not all there yet but it is getting there. A few pics from after school this week, the kids were playing dodgeball in the backyard!
Get him Noah, tag him out! ; )
Yay go Branden!
Playing with dad, oh so important! ; )
Noah just about to do a cartwheel in this pic! : )
Branden being silly! Kids are supposed to be silly! : )
What else.... I made some green chili enchiladas this week.
They came out pretty good.
They came out really good actually. We definitely like to mix things up at our house. Eat different types of foods and everything.
Every other Wednesday is onigiri day at the yochien. There's also a money box that the school collects and sends to those less fortunate. I think you can see the corner of the contribution box in this pic.
Another meal we had during the week. Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and stuffing and crescent rolls.
The last 2 May dvd's got here. We watched "Imagine That" last night with the kids. It was Friday and a perfect way to start the weekend. It was a great movie for kids. Both the boys really liked it and had quite a few laugh out loud moments. I really enjoyed it too. Tonight the hubby and I will be watching Dance Flick.
What else... I picked up the snacks for the boy's for the flight to Guam already. And yesterday, I packed both Branden's and Noah's carry-on. They carry their own clothes, swimsuit etc in their own backpacks. It's nice that they are at the age to be able to do that for a "couple night's" type trip. I recall when they were little I would be in charge of toting everything. Sorta felt like a pack mule at times. Ha ha ha. : ) But for just a couple days type trip, they can carry their own stuff. And I also carry my own clothes in my own carry on, swim suit too. Noboru also brings his own stuff in his own carry-on as well. The hotel reservations have already been made. Can't wait to jump on that big fluffy bed. I looked at the movie schedule at the Guam movie theaters yesterday online and so many things are playing. The remake of "A Nightmare on Elm Street" is playing (out of the question obviously but will rent this for the hubby and I, when it comes out in a billion years ; ) How to Train Your Dragon is out and it's a kids movie. However The *last* Shrek movie just came out yesterday in Guam and I saw the previews online for it and it looks fantastic so I spoke to Noboru about it, so we will more then likely take both Branden and Noah to see Shrek while there.
Saturday swimming course for Noah: Today is our last Saturday swimming in the B class. I am thanking the heavens on that one! I tell ya! It's just way too crowded and I can't believe I will be squished like a sardine this afternoon. : ( Oh well, last one, I can manage. ; )